Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday's thoughts...

Yes, it was awful and awfully exciting here last night.  I must admit.  I had a fleeting thought to just turn on the disposer and tell one of the MYP that Beanie was gone.  But I heard the soft little 'flops' down there and just couldn't.  I think he's thankful too as he's back to his normal self today (whatever that is!).

The kids got FREE!! tickets for the circus coming into town.  They've never been there and as long as they are on our clock, they probably won't.  There's something about clowns that gives me the willies.  They are actually spooky for some reason (to me anyway).  And the idea of African animals stuck in small cages travelling the country makes me uncomfortable.  That's why I can't even harbor a gerbil.  Restraint away from where they'd like to be seems like prison.  Now, I'll step off my soap box thankyouverymuch.

Only in Dairyland!  After travelling out of our area, I become more aware of cultural differences even within the borders of our own fine country.  Yesterday on the radio, a local furniture store advertised that they were giving away FREE!! cheese curds to the first so-many customers on Saturday.  They made them all the more alluring when they said that the milk was going to be coming from cows on Thursday.  Friday, it would be turned into cheese curds.  And Saturday, we would be able to get the squeakiest cheese curds possible if you stopped in and were lucky enough to be eligible.  Silliness!

At the local grocery store yesterday, I saw a funny saying come to life - although I'm not sure she realized what she was saying.  I was picking out some bananas.  A very elderly lady was looking them over.  And looking.  And looking.  Finally, she said, 'I just can't do it'.  (She must have been sicker than she looked.)  (You know the saying about someone old or ill... "they better not buy green bananas")  heh heh

Bittersweet.  That word has been in my heart and mind a lot lately because of an experience.  It says that bittersweet is pleasant mixed with painful.  Really, that can sum up a lot of life's experiences.  If it all was bitter, we'd be discouraged.  If it all was sweet, we wouldn't really appreciate what we have.  Joy and sorrow interwoven...  glad we can have both even through it sometimes isn't the easiest path.

And finally!  Guess who is back.  This little imp of a girl.  She's come to entertain me for some hours today.  And entertaining she has been!
 

3 comments:

  1. haha, the green bananas cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do the kids get to go to the circus with somebody else, or are you letting those FREE!! tickets go to waste? I thought the green banana thing was funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's a sweet little thing! Fun to see her pic again. She's growing! (Of course she is... what else would she be doing?!)

    ReplyDelete