Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Words on Wednesday

Probably my favorite google search to hit this blog so far:  "Chairman of the gerbils".  Heh heh.  I wonder if that's what the MYP and I seem to be to him some days...  It came from a fancy place - City of London, England.  How cool is that?

I ran into a 60something year young lady today on the bike path.  I see her and her also-thin husband nearly daily out and about in their sneakers - sometimes miles from home.  I asked her just how far she walks each day.  "Oh.  Sometimes five miles or so.  But I feel better if I go six or seven."  Made me slouch a little bit in my Asics.  She asked how far I go.  I mumbled 45 minutes a day is my usual.  She said brightly, "well that's more than most people go!".  Thanks.  I think.

I was waiting in a parking lot today and this little car zoomed up and parked in the disabled spot right out front.  Out popped a 30something lady and she walked without a disability to the close-by door.  I started to think not-such-nice thoughts about her taking advantage of a priority parking.  Not to mention it is illegal.  About five minutes later, out she comes guiding a 80something shaky man and leads him to her car.  I stood sat corrected.  Jumping to conclusions is usually not a very good thing.

Spring break starts for the MYP tomorrow.  They are very excited.  I'm somewhat excited.  We have some great plans ahead of us.  One of the plans is to have the older two of the MYP spend a day with grandparents.  Recently, there were tears as I tucked in the smallest chin.  She was wishing she was adopted so that she'd have a 'Gotcha Day' and time alone with mom and dad feeling special.  Well, she is special - a Miracle actually.  And if she had any inkling on how many countless worried moments I had carrying her before her birth... well, she'd know.  But she doesn't.  And so we will take her out and give her alone-time and make her feel as special as her unique siblings.  Maybe life isn't all that fair sometimes, but as parents, I think the most important gift we can give our MYP is to be fair in our love, care, and interest towards them.

I think I'm weirded worded out.  Sorta.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I remember when our youngest was upset that she didn't have an extra set of grandparents like the adopted ones.
    All babies are a miracle, no matter how they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a window tag for my 89 yr old FIL but I sometimes feel self conscious when I push a cart to the vehicle in the Walmart lot several minutes before my wife comes out with her Dad. Although actually, he really doesn't need the handicap spots very bad.

    ReplyDelete