Monday, April 16, 2012

Mopey Monday Musings

Red eye flights are not for sissies.  I got a nap on the plane and then a couple more hours in our own bed.  I'm sipping coffee as I type.  But muse I must.

You probably guessed that we have been gone.  Maybe the pictures will suffice for some words since my brain is firing only about 1/3 the pistons.

First stop was at this guy's house:

He almost was promoted to the next title of "nice older brother", but then he would regress and do silly things like this:



Psst.  Between you and me, I honestly really admire and love this guy and his wonderful family.  So much that it hurts to say goodbye.






Glad this guy put forth effort to drive south some hours from college to be with us a day and night:



We got to this place:



And had a lovely meal and visited some special friends that are now far away:




We also did this:


Celebrated this birthday:
And even saw where Snoopy's brother Spike was from!

But wait!  The fun didn't end here.  We then headed for Phoenix to spend time our niece and husband:

They took us on a hike to this place

Which gave us views like:



But all good things must end.  And so we headed on a midnight ride back to dairyland.  The laundry pile resembles the hill we climbed.  Lisi is very anxious to go sniff all the smells she missed the past six days.  And I'm thinking a quick nap would be delicious this afternoon since my sporadic three hour night isn't going to cut it.

One final note.  The Chairman and I agreed that our MYP are incredible travelers.  We love to share journeys to places with them.  Having them a part of trips like this makes everything better.  We are making wonderful memories that will stay with us through our days.  As I dropped their sleepy little selves off at school this morning, I felt a tinge of sadness.  But one of them said to me as she hopped out, 'separation can be a good thing too mom'.  Yes indeed.


Think this is enough of the Chairman and company's latest venture.  Hope you enjoyed the trip!

2 comments:

  1. Sea World! I think I would usually choose that over Disneyland if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so nice seeing pics of you & your CA relatives together! We had missed seeing Michael when we were there for first Sunday last month, since he's a big college man already... hard to believe. Thanks for sharing your trip :) My hubby happens to be doing some work for Walkers right now & will probably be back @ your bro's again w/ them on first Sunday.

    ReplyDelete