Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Musings

Yes they do!  They do fight like cats and dogs.  In a nice way of course.  I think.

We had a wee birthday celebration for my mother-in-law.  I have said it before, but it bears repeating.  I am so very thankful that I don't fit a stereotype.  That stereotype is of the daughter-in-law not liking her mother-in-law for one reason or another.  Mine is kind, gracious, and loving.  I consider her a good example to me for many reasons.  But one main one is because I have a son.  This son might get married.  This son's wife might want a nice mother-in-law.

This couple came to join the fun and help with the entertainment.  These three couples pictured have all known each other since their children were babies.  I find it just short of a miracle how life-long friendships are so deep and meaningful.  It is wonderful in that you can have friends walking by your side sharing the joys and sorrows in every age...
 These are my parents.  They came for a visit between two winter trips.  This picture makes me smile.  Look at dad!  He doesn't like to smile so big on pictures.  I caught him at the right time.  Happiness!

This is very random.  But I'm missing homemade frozen sweet corn.  Last year we had a drought here.  That compounded with a very busy August and I didn't get any corn frozen.  We are out of it for the first time in our married lives.  Rats.

There is an elephant at this house.  No, we haven't fully turned into a zoo.  And no, there really isn't an elephant.  But son #1 has the memory of an elephant (is that really true or just a saying?).  I have lost many an argument lately over some little detail.  He recreates the place.  What we ate.  The direction of the wind.  You name it.  I hope he can use that in a productive way some day.  Besides just winning arguments with me...

We skied again Saturday.  This sweet girl joined the fun.

Well I best get moving and stop Musing on this Monday.  I heard the term "cyber loafing" this week.  I don't want that to be me!

1 comment:

  1. We were watching Lisi and Simba.... Abigail says"let me watch that again..." Again we watch, she says "let me watch it again please" repeat, repeat and repeat

    ReplyDelete