Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A loving day...

Love is in the air here at the Chairman's Chalet.  It isn't due to me.  I'm not a big romantic if you have a memory (like about one-day long).  The MYP are enthused about holidays such as this one.  Daughter #1 decorated the place with hearts and sayings and all things pink.  She insisted that they write down a thought about Valentine's Day and why they like it.  

Mira:  I love Valentine's Day because everyone is together and in
a good mood and we all can encour(a)ge each other!

Trevor:  I LIKE Valentine's Day because of pink frosting and cupcakes
(at least he's honest!) He wrote it in pencil so it was impossible to photograph.

Rayna:  I LOVE Valentine's Day because that is when
everyone loves each other and everyone is thoughtful.
Hmmm... not sure what it all means.  :-)

Why Lisi?  Because she has on a pink collar and I thought she was cute sleeping on her bed.
The Chairman did not disappoint.  Last night he arrived with flowers and a gift card in hand.  Warm thoughts on his heart.  I'd tell you what he said, but it might make you all embarrassed, so I won't.  

This is what it looks like close up.

This is reality.  I'm in the process of making granola, chili and cornbread for supper, and  42 meatballs to use later this week for some people I love.
So back to cooking on all four burners.  For me, that is the language of love.  Feeding those I care for.  Filling their bellies and their hearts with warmness.  That's the best I can do.  

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.  Please don't take this day or 
those you love for granted...

4 comments:

  1. Love this, Linda. The more I read your blog, the more I'm sure we are quite a lot alike. Happy days to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you all! Personal Valentine's from the boys have really made this holiday a whole lot more meaningful for this Momma. And I liked reading your kiddos sentiments. :)

    ReplyDelete