Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This is not a paid endorsement...

Remember that Julie Andrews song "My Favorite Things" from the "Sound of Music"?  Sorry.  Now you'll probably have lyrics about brown paper packages tied up in strings running through your brain for the rest of this Leap Year Day.  Anyway, I was thinking today of some of my favorite things.  Things I use day-in and day-out that I really like.  I'm not into buying brand name if the generic or store brand is just as good.  I don't buy the most expensive appliance if another is just as reliable.  You get the point.  So if my opinion matters a twittle to you, I'll just jot down some of my favorite things without registered trademark thingys attached to anything.

* iPad 2.  It has worked flawlessly for a year.
* Bosch mixer
* Nutrimill Grinder
* Cuisinart Burr Grinder for coffee beans (faithfully does the daily job for five years and more...)
* Aroma Rice Cooker (with the delay start option)
* Rival Crock Pot (nearly 18 years old)
* Presto Flip Side waffle maker (as good as the super-expensive ones)
* Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer.  (it has been wonderful)
* Pedi-Egg (AS SEEN ON TV!).  Yes, it really works
* Norwex purple window/mirror cloth (I have drunk the Norwex Kool-Aid)
* Tazo Awake black tea
* Blue Agave (sweetener)
* Contadina pizza sauce.  Well any of their tomato products for that matter.
* Bionaturae pasta (found in the natural area of the store)
* Bona hardwood floor cleaner and mop
* Finish powerball tabs for dishwasher
* Nueske bacon (the Chairman insists I buy no other)
* Costco signature ultra powder laundry soap
* Izze sparkling juice
* Smartwool socks and long sleeve crews
* Asics running shoes (even though I only walk at a fast clip)
* Toyota Sienna (we are on our 3rd one)
* Penzeys spices (a hometown pride!)

This is probably enough this time.  And you?  What do YOU like that I should know about?

8 comments:

  1. I laughed at your norwex comment...Shaun was using ours to wash windows as we were moving out and he was like wow these work really well :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Nearly ALL Norwex products
    *My GE electric can opener--35 years now and going strong.
    *My Longaberger dishes/bakeware/serving pieces
    *My brand new Keurig coffee maker
    *My brand new LG front loader washer

    If everything lasted as long as my can opener did we'd have a much fatter pocketbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this inspired me!! I love to see what other people use and what works well vs. what doesn't work so well! I'm going to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question. If the Whirlpool Washer & Dryer are HE, how do you use Costco powder laundry soap in them? I thought you had to stick with HE liquid soap. And my faves are the Whirlpool Duets, like Cindy, Born and Brighton brand shoes, Natuzzi furniture, Free Spirit Fabrics, Peets coffee, most of the food at Trader Joe's, and the tea I can't live without and make it through our hot summers is Hawaiian Islands Tea Company's MANGO MAUI! It's so good iced with a touch of Agave Nectar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the Finish dishwasher tablets, Asics, and of course the washer/dryer. :-) Born shoes and Skippy peanut butter are also on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naot shoes ( best arch support for my feet) Brooks tennis shoes although i got a good deal on Asics so i"m giving them a go
    Norwex mop...?? I don't know if i'm Norwex yet..i don't have the rags yet. Athleta sportswear....nothing else is rambling around in my brain...oh..Burt's bees lip balm in honey. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm- what do I love? Stuff that's obsolete- like my iPAD. sniff sniff. I'll have to replace it and I know not with what.
    I, too, love:
    -blue agave (!I'm sugar-free (well sort of) now, you know. This stuff is wonderful!)
    -Nueske bacon. And I got to be in W'berg this year- how lucky am I?! (I had Nueske bacon for my bday breakfast and a tour of Nueskes that day!)
    -Smartwool socks; didn't know they have crews and stuff, too.

    What is Pedi-Egg????

    I'm pretty sure a lot of people got into the Norwex Kool-Aid... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! And I love my kindle! It's the love of my life!!! It is It is!!!

    ReplyDelete