Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's thoughts...

Last night we had birthday salmon supper with dad and mom D.  Mom-in-law celebrated another year and we are thankful for her once again.  Here is the obligatory shot of the MYP with grandma.  I like it.

Lots of people I know that I really like are all in a very warm place soaking up sunshine, feeling sand between their toes, and eating abundantly.  Since I did not board a jet with my beloved and am not sitting on a beach, I think I'll stir up a slushie, add some extra wood to the fire, and pretend I'm there.  Sorta.  Or not.

The light fixture saga is over.  The Chairman was beyond patient with me when I told him I basically broke the light fixture.  Mr. Friendly Electrician came this morning.  He did his thing for approximately 7 minutes.  Showed me how to remove the glass in the future without creating havoc.  And left with a couple of my $$ in his wallet.  He was very fair and so I'm glad of that.  Let that be a lesson to all you over-achieving homemakers out there.  Just don't clean the light fixtures.  Ha!

I'm in love with popovers.  They are incredibly easy to make as long as you have this kind of pan.  Since there is essentially no oil in the recipe, it gives you free rein to slather on some good Wisconsin butter and let it get all melty in the crevices and mmmm.  I ate three in a row the other night.  It was worth the belly ache.
Sometimes I think about posting recipes that have been wild successes here at the Chairman's place.  But then I think we all have different taste buds and the same worldwide web of recipes, so maybe not.  Will have to see on that.

I need to go waddle off a few extra popovers.  Plus the dog sighs heavily behind me waiting very impatiently.  So away we go!

6 comments:

  1. We LOVE popovers at our house, only we eat them slathered in butter and maple syrup. Talk about delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, on the recipe posting. I have never made popovers but have looked at recipes...I don't have a pan like that...since it sounds essential I will put it on my birthday list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear--how do I get so far behind reading my favorite blogs? Glad you you got your light back on... one day when my sis was cleaning a house she decided to be generous and clean their globes. However she didn't think to let them cool down before she sprayed them with cleaner. Woops! Wouldn't happen now since we're "green-clean gals"--but it was a bit of an embarrassment to have to confess to homeowner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm hungry for a popover... yikes. Maybe a slice of cheese will do??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New, yummy recipes are always welcome, differing taste buds... and my 2012 motto to EAT HEALTHY... notwithstanding. At the moment, I'm most interested in your popovers! I've tried them twice. First ones were Thanksgiving dinner-worthy delicious, but used multiple ingredients & took a good bit of time. Second ones were almost too easy & not all that wonderful. Surely, your recipe would strike the happy medium :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the looks of Gradma Laura and the popovers!

    ReplyDelete