Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday's thoughts...

Baby Blues

This comic strip got me thinking.  I love my role of a SAHM.  I know I'm extremely fortunate to have this position.  It means that there is a breadwinner that cares and provides for our family.  It means that I have children.  It means that I can do all that I love to do which is keeping things organized (note I didn't mention cleaning showers) and cooking up a storm.  However, it sometimes does mean a lack of stimulation unless I seek it out.  Sometimes I feel just a vertebrae higher than a jellyfish in enthusiasm at the end of a day.  The Chairman will ask kindly, 'what happened today?  Did you learn anything?'.  Um.  I cleaned under the fridge, took out the trash twice and folded four humongous loads of laundry.  Riveting stuff.  Most everything I do is a repeat from day to day.  The kitchen floor always has crumbs (even though I vacuum daily).  The laundry continues to pile up.  The sheets need changing.  The dust settles.  The bellies need to be fed.  The kitchen restocked with goods.  And so we do it again and again and again and again.

I sometimes marvel at the fact that I can even blog something worth reading.  Because life consists of ordinary days.  Very, very ordinary.  But it is what you make it.  And hopefully, I make the most of it.  Some days.  With a touch of sarcasm.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! Keep the ordinary days coming. Check out this link:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-homemaker-worth-182358580.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAHM is really just a short cut for
    "Research Associate in the field of
    Child Development and Human Relations." you know...

    ReplyDelete