Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Musings

The kids are home celebrating President's Day.  Actually, they aren't.  I should ask them if they know that today is actually a special day unrelated to them being off of school.  But they are celebrating the lack of education.  So my Monday hasn't been mused much.

We did go on a venture this morning and son #1 came home with some very long 2x4's and serious-looking nails.  He got down to business making soccer goals.  So far, so good.  I haven't told the Chairman yet.  He'd be one-burst-blood-vessel short of a stroke.  He worries about loose nails.  He worries about saws cutting off body parts (which I might add is altogether a possibility).  He worries about large objects crashing down (which also is a very real potential).  I try to not look.  And hope for the best.  But for about $6, it's been great fun.

Time for confession.  Some out there consider me a master bread maker.  Well, I goofed.  I made sweet rolls last week.  And I completely forgot the sugar (except for the proofing part).  And you know what?  With enough caramel sauce on the bottom, no one was the wiser.  In fact, it wasn't missed at all.

I've been lying on a noodle.  No silly, not the extra-wide ones you use in stroganoff.  I'm talking about the swim noodles.  A massage therapist gave me "homework" to lie on a noodle once/day for 10 minutes to stretch parts that usually aren't stretched.  The first time the MYP saw me, they thought I had lost my noodle.  Well I didn't!  It was under my back!  Heh heh.  I think it's working though...

Because the planets aligned perfectly (or rather that happenstance made it so), the Chairman and I were alone last week for 18 hours.  It was... nice.  I'm glad that when life slows down and the MYP distractions are gone, I still enjoy being with the one that chose me... and I him.

Next up, a baking project with a couple of daughters.  It seems a bit safer than saws and heavy hammers...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you commemorated Grover Cleveland while you were honoring all those presidents.

    ReplyDelete