Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Musings

Trying to motivate MYP on a mundane Monday... the vacuum was pulled out.  A feeble attempt to push it, but then fatigue overtook him/her and the Archie comic book beckoned to be read.

Yes, such is summer.  After some feverish busy days, it is nice to just 'be' today.  I know people don't read blogs to get climate updates, but I'm starting to feel nearly anxious about our lack of rain.  It's a tinder box out there in our neck of the woods.  The lawns are crunchy-tan.  The forecast promises very sunny skies with lots of heat and little or no precipitation.  Makes me thirsty just thinking about it.

I found myself sleepwalking the other night.  I was trying to put the kitten out of a room I was in and was chasing him around chairs.  But I was actually rummaging around our toilet in a little room and managed to nearly brush the pictures off the wall and clunk my head on the door frame.  After the 'clunk', I came to and realized my utter silliness.

There were extra MYP coming and going for sleepovers last week.  I don't think we had a 'normal' night the past week at all where it was just five of us sleeping in our respective beds.  The joys of summertime I guess.       Hard to take in we are nearly 1/3 the way done with this lack of schedules.

Most importantly though... it is the CHAIRMAN'S BIRTHDAY today!  Happy # 40something!  I will admit something.  I robbed the cradle.  You see the Chairman is three years younger than me.  Is that odd?  I thought so when I realized it after exchanging a few phone calls.  It bothered me when we were dating.  And it doesn't totally bother me now.  He's a very, very good guy.  And I'll leave it at that.

brother was sleeping off the latest sleepover when this was taken
the Chairman and the Chef
The Chairman's parents were here too and I wanted to post of picture of them since if it weren't for them, there would be no wonderful Chairman.  But it didn't turn out very well and I like to have a good relationship with them... so no picture for you!  My Italian mother-in-law kindly brought over some good spaghetti sauce for her son's birthday meal.  It was a gift to both of us really!  

This is enough musing.  Enjoying summertime because...

3 comments:

  1. See how nice your eyes look!!!! Happy Birthday to your Chairman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd been 16 and 13 when you got married it might have been 'robbing the cradle'... but I don't think 3 years is a big difference... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday to the Chairman! I'm usually a little more on the ball with his birthday greetings than the average.

    ReplyDelete