Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Ahhh.  The joys of summertime.  For the MYP, it is just one big sleepover.  Either here or there.  For the Chairman.  It means that he still has to go into the office and do duties to keep the pennies rolling in to pay the bills.  For the Chef?  It means a lot more vacuuming, putting vast amounts of food out, and keeping the MYP from getting overly lazy.  It is going very fast.  And I am very tired.

Yesterday, we went from three kids to two kids to five kids to three kids again.  And now one of the three isn't ours.  And one of ours is away.  Sometimes even I get confused.

It RAINED!!!  I believe the first time since we got our kitten on June 3.  So you can look at the calendar and see how dry it has been.  After g.m. last night, people stood under the overhang watching the ferocious storm in a giddy sort of way.  And the smell.  Mmmmmmm.  Better than dryer sheets.

Speaking of weather.  It was hot this week.  Like 104 degree hot in the afternoon.  Daughter #2 had a soccer camp.  They don't reschedule soccer camps.  They continue just as planned.  Here was her face after day #1.
Yes I'm really a nice mom.  I let her have a popsicle after that one.

There was a baby shower a couple days ago for this lovely lady.  Our area hasn't been blessed with a lot of babies lately, so we are tickled pink!  (pun intended)

And!  We had a surprise call this week!  Someone we really hold dear was in town!  And we got to have him and his parents for supper.  Neat!

Dog and kitty wrestle a lot of their time these days:  Sometimes I'm fairly sure that Lisi is just going to bite kitty in half.  But then he makes a noise and she immediately backs off.  Unfortunately, I think he is going to think he's boss very soon.

Thought out... and we are off to piano lessons and looking for cleats, and picking zucchini (anyone want some?), and so forth.

3 comments:

  1. My word, but the picture of Daughter #2 is Sarah all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chairman's wife,

    I am going to secretly adopt you as my sister! (Well, in more ways than just the Heavenly one) ... Thanks for the smiles you add when I stop by to check on the Chairman & Co!

    Your long lost sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, in some ways I miss those days, they were good ones, of hot running around days. I was younger then of course, but just now, I am really, really glad, that my responsibilities are few and I have a driving, helpful daughter.

    ReplyDelete