Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings

I have to admit that I snicker a little under my breath when I read a status update on FB on how utterly busy someone is.  Really?  If you were that busy, why are you on FB?  But that's me.  So snicker all you want.  Except I'm not on FB, but posting another mundane musings.

You see we are in birthday mode again.  Today it is this charming girl's birthday.  She hit double digits. It catches my breath.  Because she is the one I bore after five losses, there is always a moment of reflection on this date.  A healthy and gorgeous baby girl.  I felt blessed to the moon and back because we had already felt our family was happily complete with her older siblings.  And we are blessed.  She's a smart, sensible, funny, wise, and sweet young lady to be.  I'd post a deliciously cute picture of her as a baby, but your babies were probably the cutest to you too, so I won't bother digging one out.
She said this was the only thing she really wanted - a bible/hymn book combo.  See?  I told you she was wise.

Her favorite mac & cheese for lunch
Tomorrow we are going on an adventure with MYP.  And I stress many.  It hopefully goes all as planned.  I've got the willies as to if it will all play out successfully.  But it entails a campground, and lots of young kids high on sugar.  Wish me well.

We have been spending a lot of time doing this the past week.  It's been quite fun.
tee-hee.  I've always wanted to post a picture of a friend in a swimsuit.  I think I'm being kind with the choice of this one.

Relaxing for a bit.
I tend to think I'm an honest person.  In fact, I hope that would be a living testimony.  But I must admit something.  In the 147 degree temperatures we had last week, I didn't walk a couple of the days.  So my saying I walk "every day" wasn't truthful.  Another thing I mentioned within the past months to the point of nearly bragging was that I keep my weight off for this and that and such and blah, blah, blah.  Well BLAH!  I've put some poundage on around my waistline because I haven't been walking.  Yikes.  And guess what?  Lisi put on six pounds in the past month as well!  So we both will need to step up to the leash now the next while (or after the next adventure is through).

How are the cat and dog getting along these days?  Well mostly like this:
So it is nice.  But the kitten now thinks he is a cat and wants to be outside stalking birds and climbing trees and not bothered by people calling his name even though he has not a lick of sense about road danger.  I've been so annoyed with him this morning that I almost hoped he'd run away so that I didn't have to wonder what we will do with him when we go on vacation next.

Remember I said I was busy?  Well I am and so I must let this be all the musing for today.  While my fingers typed out thoughts I was actually thinking of some things that need to be done.  I'm a multi-tasker like that.


3 comments:

  1. Well, now I know you read my fb updates anyway.... haha! Busy is my life, but of course it's relevant. Like this week, I have 4 grandkids here all week, and have had from 2-4 additional grandkids joining us several different days. Yeah, I'm busy but I sure haven't got much done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chairy,
    I'm sure it's just some 'waterweight' and will slip right off again! ;) Here's hopin' right?

    Things are busy here too but sometimes sanity comes in the form of slices of social life... and even FB counts some days.

    Love,
    Raimie

    {Happy birthday charming girl! Your mama is right, you are wise to chose a map to Heavenly treasure for your birthday.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to "meet" you Chairman's Wife. Not sure why I haven't met you before. Wow - 5 losses before you got your sweet baby girl - I can't imagine the pain of all that. One loss was enough to make me dicide I didn't think I could go through that again. It was a big part of the reason we decided we were done having more children and I was completely satisfied with the two healthy, beautiful ones we had. As you know, we got our "bonus baby" instead. ;) How wonderful is it that your "baby" decided she wanted a Bible/Hymn Book for her birthday. Yes, she is wise. I look forward to watching your family grow. Thank you for stopping by and saying hi on my little piece of the interwebs. ;)

    ReplyDelete