Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Musings

Not much extra time to muse, but I can't leave you hanging for too many days or the readers will get restless.  Or maybe you just don't let your lives revolve around the Chairman and Co?  I can't imagine...

Cats are not dogs.  Don't try to make them dogs or you will hate them.  Well some people hate them even if they were like dogs.  So be it.  They come to you when you call only if it is convenient.  In fact, I caught him rushing my way until he saw I was looking.  Then he screeched to a halt and looked the other way.  Doors should be open in a cat world.  They meow to get out.  But you open the door and they just sit there.  Yes, he's frustrating.  And terribly cute.

Camping isn't for sissies.  It entails lots and LOTS of preparation beforehand.  Maybe it really doesn't.  But it does for me because I like things all organized and certain before I venture out.  Once you are actually 'there', then it's all good.  Visits.  Campfires.  Good food.  A few plays.  And a bit of sunburn.

Children like structure.  And routine.  And traditions.  No matter the age.  It must make them feel secure.  Come to think of it, so do I!

I'm fighting some icky beetles that think my sweet potato vine and zinnias make good meals.  They are black with an iridescent back and clump together.  Not sure how to kill them, so I flick them off and give them a ride of their lives.

My garden is producing with gusto.  Zucchini to challenge the best of friends.  Cucumbers the size of my arm.  And the tomatoes.  They are coming on.  And oh my!

Daughter #2 figured out how to wake board this week!  (I like my 'stop, stop, STOP!')  Like the Chairman wouldn't know that the first time... Son #1 figured out how to get out of the wake when wake boarding.  And me?  I figured out that I am a good spotter, thankyouverymuch.  I'm not a water person.  Period.

I better start musing about other things now.  Or maybe not muse but get my backside in gear.  Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed. Some people have no lives and thus spend infinite amounts of time blog hopping, face book stalking, etc., Glad you have a life as I laugh at those who don't.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beetles sound like Japanese beetles. The only way we have of keeping up with them is hand pick them off the plant and throw them in a bucket of a mixture of water, amonia, and dish soap. Kills them instantly.

    ReplyDelete