Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Musings

Well I had a nice post all set and ready to go last week.  Then I started to get sleepy while reading it and realized it really wasn't all that fit to go to the presses.  Don't want to bore my peeps mind you!

I will say this.  What we were getting ready for last week was a camping birthday party.  I had promised the MYP here that this year was going to be different.  No sleepovers.  No extended times of party where me, as the mother, feels almost overwhelmed.  Yes, we were going to just go somewhere for a few hours and return with happy, tired MYP.  And then I opened my mouth.  I thought a camping party would be fun.  The only caveat is that I don't think about how much work really goes into these slight-of-mouth suggestions.  The Chairman happily obliged in getting the camper out of storage.  And taking it to a state park a half-hour south of here.

The verdict overall?  A success! (said in utter fatigue).  Actually, we had seven lovely soon-to-be-ladies and 3 soon-to-be really nice guys in adjoining sites (thanks mom and dad!).  I was incredibly impressed with these M(multiple)MYP.  I love them.  I can't wait to see what path they will choose and where they will end up when they are responsible adults.  For now, we love their growing bodies and minds.  And enjoy their sweet, unique natures.  Except...

... at 12:53 am.  It was still too rambunctious in the camper (I was in a tent with a nice teen helping me rope the troops).  I found out that 12:53 is my personal 'witching hour'.  I think I scared the willies out of a couple of the "sweet" MYgirls.  In fact, I hear it became dinnertime conversation with their families.  On a side note, one of our very own MYP was also involved.  So I can't feel all high and mighty that ours never do anything wrong.







One of the birthday requests was a mic.  She's been very busy preaching to the empty seats.
 We are leaving the kitty Simba outside for longer periods of time alone.  All 3-months of him.  I have no clue how safe it is.  Or if he will run away or not.  So far, no close calls.  But he definitely thinks he's big stuff and feels the outdoors is his domain now.
Cuteness overload.  Yes, they really do like each other that much.
 The baseball season is winding down.  After a tournament, the team placed 2nd.  I think winning a consolation for 3rd almost sits better than losing the last one and placing 2nd.  My opinion anyway.  It was pretty somber around here after the loss.
Receiving a 2nd place medal

It is dry here.  Like headlines of 'SEVERE DROUGHT' in the paper.  We are not used having no rain for a very long time.  Everything is brown except where the sprinklers go.  The crops are shriveling.  The sky is hot.  And we have literally no control over the clouds.  It almost makes me feel thirsty.

Wish I could leave you with something to make you chuckle or snort or even blow some coffee out your nose.  But nothing comes to mind, so we'll have to leave the humor for another time.

3 comments:

  1. You have a way with words to brighten ones day.

    May I add, for any that read, let's all say a prayer for Shelley and her family as she starts radiation/chemo today.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your witching hour starts much later then mine...so congrats to you! Mine would be around 10:01. ;-)

    Looks like they all had fun, and if they didn't have something to go and share with mom and dad after the party, what kind of party would it have been. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how we're connected thru blogging & the care/concern shown for each other (re; comment #1)
    So dry here too.
    I love how those two are friends--Funny how that happens. Our dog thinks he's our kittens other mother. Or something!

    ReplyDelete