Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thoughts on a Thursday

I just got back from a very early venture with the pooch since the heat index will be 147 degrees or something like that.  It was my lucky day because today is garbage day!  Why do you ask?  Well you can learn a lot about people by looking at their rubbish.  No, I'm not into dumpster diving.  But I did see one neighbor is drinking far too much diet soda.  Another seems to be having quite unhealthy eating habits.  Another orders pizza at least once/week.  And another eats lots of black beans.  But one thing I did note.  No matter how fancy the house - how beautiful the people.  Their garbage all stinks the same.  Take that any way you want to.

Do you ever get a notion to quickly clean up a toilet right before bed?  Then leave up the toilet seat after you scrubbed it all down to let the cleaner with bleach do its thing?  Then stumble in the dark to use the facility and nearly give your backside a bath in bubbles and bleach?  Nah, me neither.

I always get a little more-than-normal emotional on the 4th of July.  Eighteen years ago after the fireworks, the Chairman asked me to be the Chairman's Wife.  I never knew that's what I'd be called one day.  I never knew what a blog was.  I never knew what the unknown future would bring us.  But I am thankful I said 'yes'.

Six years ago today, after the fireworks all were silenced in the very early morning hour, my sister-in-law lost her battle with cancer, but won the victory.  We still miss her.  A lot.

Yesterday was to be a happy day celebrating the birthday of this wonderful country of liberty.  But there was a pall.  A young man suddenly lost his life to a tragic accident.  I only saw him as a young boy.  Knew his mother when we were younger girls.  From what I can tell through FB and others that knew him better, he was one of those young men that are special.  Though the day seemed very somber, I am thankful that we feel a keen love for others and have the opportunity to weep with those that weep.  It can help those in the deepest of sorrow, and it definitely does something for others standing by far or near.

I'm thinking thoughts about needing to get one of the MYP out of her bed so she's actually dressed for piano lessons.  I'm also thinking about assigning some jobs for the other MYP that aren't going to piano lessons.  I'm thinking of giving Lisi a soft rub right above her eyes as I head over to the piano to play a bit.  That usually gets them awake without crabby thoughts.  It's my little secret.

Thanks for the chat again...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful that we are all knit together with love and care for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here again--just enjoying one of my favorite reads. Getting ready to go pay our final tributes this morning to that young man. One of those days that is going to be a hard one for sure. I'm glad we are all knit together like Shelley mentioned.

    ReplyDelete