Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Any suggestions

It isn't that I don't like Jim. I do really. He's in his late 50's. Jovial. Almost cute in a basset hound sort of way. Talks in a sing-songy sort of voice like I'm in preschool. Usually timely. But he's expensive and I'd rather not see him since we've had other contact lately.

He's Mr. Sears man that comes. He came recently for the washer, but left my wallet about $150 lighter. Now it is the diswasher.

Here's the problem: dishwasher runs through entire cycle. Sounds and seems to work normally. When I unload, the dishes are mostly clean (unless I put a really gunky pan in there). But there is a white film when it is finished. It is very apparent on the clear glasses. They aren't etched per se, it looks like the soap didn't rinse off. The dishes same thing if I hold them up to the light. They aren't sparkling and shiny like the ads proclaim. They are mottled, yet clean.

Here's what I've done so far: Using Cascade powder and a rinse aid all the time. Tried a full thing of soap and tried very little - same result. Checked the softener to make sure it is cycling. Checked to make sure the water is good and hot when it starts. Took apart the spinning thing at the bottom to check the filter (per the booklet). No change. I'm at the end of my rope. And I don't want to see Jim. And it doesn't seem to be a major problem to result in contact with Jim and watching dollar bills fly away in the Sears van. Help!!

8 comments:

  1. For what it's worth..Electrasol is the only kind that works in our dishwasher and keeps things clean and shiny. I think different kinds work with different kinds of water. (?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Cascade Power Packs? It's a 2 in 1 dishwasher cleaner in individual pouches. It solved our kinda weird film on glasses problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try baking soda. Wash the dishes like normal and then rewash them with a handful of baking soda sprinkled on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pure rinse. Spend the money, you can't take it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It is always interesting to see who checks in. We have horrible water here in NV and what I find works awesome is a product called Glass Magic! It is in a small little green box in our dishwasher soap section. Maybe they sell it by u?!
    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knows what the deal is with dishwashers?! Maybe use paper from now on?? LOL

    I only use Cascade gel & we have very soft water. I try not to use too much soap cause I think that can cause problems. Good luck!

    PS-Sounds like we'll see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm....let me consult with my dishwasher colleagues. I'll let you know if they have any ideas. You get a gold star for actually reading your use and care guide by the way. I think it also recommends running a cycle with vinegar to clean your dishwasher? That's my uneducated opinion of what else to try at this point.

    ReplyDelete