Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Flashing lights (revisited)

He yells into the phone, 'we're even! we're even!'. Uh... how? Why? What are you saying? 'We're even! he yells again. Think about it!' (I hate things like that especially coming from Duane as he's a pretty smart guy and it makes me appear really loopy.) Hmmm. OH!!! You got picked up? 'Yes! A great big shaved-head Milwaukee County Sheriff picked me up. I didn't realize how fast I was going and he said it was 70 in a 50 right by Miller Park. He walked back from his car 45 seconds later and yelled,'if you keep driving like that, you're going to ruin your good record. So, SLOW DOWN!' And then he threw his warning on Duane's lap and marched back to his car.

I look at this like a $218 savings! (usually $109 per ticket these days).

So happy day for us. And hopefully, we keep our records clean.

3 comments:

  1. or you could end up in court..so beware ( coming from the voice of experience)..believe me, i can feel the whoosh of relief palpating through the typed letters here!..why aren't there nice police guys down here???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live with a nice police guy, Ethel. We could move down there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do..i'd feel much safer, thank you! nothing against law enforcement...

    ReplyDelete