Sunday, April 13, 2008

Great weekend

Enjoyed our very cold (and almost snowy) weekend! Friday night, the kids and Duane went to their elem. school's carnival. It cost almost nothing and they came home with bags of little (cheap junk from China) trinkets that I'll be either vacuuming up or throwing away in a few weeks after the lustre has worn off of them. I enjoyed my 'date' with the newspaper and took Lisi for yet another walk. Sat. my folks came in and treated us to lunch out at Noodles and the IMAX. Saw the Grand Canyon. I rafted it in '87 (ok, now that just made me look reeeeaallly old) with my brother, his girlfriend at the time (who now happens to be a favorite sister-in-law), her twin brother, parents, and a host of other friends. Anyway, it was neat to ride down memory lane. Then today we had a wonderful helpful morning and then after a little nap and walk, spaghetti at Duane's folks. So a very nice time again. Gma D. leaves for a 15 day trip to Europe this week. We hope they come home safely!

Now back to getting tax stuff lined up so Duane can cram and do them tomorrow night! It is tradition at our home to do it that way. Don't ask me why...!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice weekend. Ugh - last minute taxes! No matter when you do it, it's not fun but that sounds stressful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny... all depends on perspective... we always seem to be getting money back, so we do ours early, so we can get our refund. ;)

    ReplyDelete