Monday, April 21, 2008

Grandma

I wonder what this guy would think if I leaned over and punched him in the nose? That thought came to me around noon today. Trevor has been needing to get his glasses adjusted very badly, so I told him I'd pack a lunch and take him at his lunchtime to get them adjusted. We walked into the eyeglass store and a very good looking young man about 25 was there with a big smile. He makes small talk with Trevor about baseball, school, etc. as he's adjusting his glasses. Then he wanted to look behind his ears to see if they wrapped around sufficiently. He says, 'look that way towards the wall', and Trevor looks to the right. Then he says, 'look over towards mom or is it grandma?' and right then and there I about clocked him.

This is on the heels of another 'incident' at Kohl's a year ago that had to do with senior citizens discount. I realize my birthday is coming up, but really!!!

L'Oreal anyone???

7 comments:

  1. Oh come on! That guy is crazy! You don't look like Grma! I agree though, love to cover up this grey I have too...I'm not old enough to have this much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's jaw-dropping. You should have told him that you got married at 50 and started having kids at 55...and this one's the youngest of 12. Or maybe not. Well, you're a pretty young grandma. What'd T say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't? I guess I'll say it again. You're a better woman than me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've heard this comment so many times I've almost come to expect it! Only one time was somebody truly rude about it, though, and HIM it would have felt great to take a swing at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you ask him if he needed new glasses! wow,he knows how to flatter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I had to pay for some work on Dan's work van. Joseph came with me up to the desk and the man asked me if I was babysitting today. (everyday!!!)
    So.... I thinks to myself, does he think I'm to young to have a child?? Then back to reality, no he thinks I'm to old to have one this young. I mentioned this to Dan on his lunch break and he said probably the latter. Are husbands suppose to agree like that??

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. People can be so stupid..rude..UNTHINKING. If in doubt, say nothing, or go with the safest!
    Next time maybe you could come back with oh no, he's my GREAT GRAND son! :*) I do think I'd rather be *accused* of being my children's granmother (at least my younger ones) than my sisters mother, which did happen, and yes I wanted to take a swing at the person!

    ReplyDelete