Friday, March 30, 2012

Festive Friday

The food I must be buying for the feeder must be that good.  I heard a ruckus out there this morning.  The feeders were filled on Wednesday afternoon.  Now, they are nearly empty.  Silly birds just looking for a handout.  

Today the bread bakes with chia seeds in them.  Don't confuse them with Chia Pets (AS SEEN ON TV!).  But that makes me wonder if it is simply chia seeds that have sprouted!  I bet so!  Anyway, the package lured me in at Costco this week.  "Chia - Ancient Grains - Superfood of the Aztecs".  I haven't seen many sick Aztec people.  But come to think of it, I haven't seen many healthy Aztecs either.  But I'll be full of omega 3's and fiber if nothing else.  

Last night I nearly needed a schedule during my after school commute.  There were three children with three different activities in three different places at three different times that actually were overlapping.  I decided to drop off one child about 20 minutes early to the destination in order to save about 1/2 hour in the car.  (At least he had a sandwich along!).  I take great pride in our lack of a busy schedule at times.  But yesterday was nothing to be proud of.

Pinterest.  The whole concept seems very, very scary.  It looks like an abyss of time wasting.  It looks like picture perfection in crafts, clothes, decorating, foods, you name it.  I peeked at a few boards this week and realized how very, very far I come short in creativity, beauty, and ideas.  So I got off since I was getting overwhelmed.  

A storm moved in early this morning.  And Lisi did the unthinkable.  She took matters in her own hands and snuck up the stairs and laid down next to daughter #1's bed.  She has never done that.  Ever.  The irony of it all is that daughter #1 spends the least amount of energy and affection on the dog.  Yet when the chips were down, that's where she wanted to go.  Interesting.  And naughty.  

Our van is at the dealership.  Three squeaks that need to be looked at.  I'm very certain they won't find the rattles since cars are mean like that.  So Mr. Seventy-something shows me the shuttle for my ride home.  A friendly face that absolutely loves his job.  I have always wanted to drive those little carts at the airport.  But maybe driving shuttles for a dealer would be fun too!  I digress.  Anyway, he had on a local talk-radio guy when we got in.  He quickly changed it (probably thinking I didn't want to listen to such nonsense).  He immediately switched it to "Oldies Radio" since he thought it might be something I might enjoy more.  **sigh**

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, I thought you liked Oldies too! At least everyone doesn't call you Grandma! (still not used to it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pinterest, but for some reason I don't spend too much time there. I started a blog, to hold the kinds of things I'm pinning so I wanted something like that. But, I can find things I want other places and store them there. Another thing, is that I only look to see what my friends are pinning, since there is too much garbage in looking up "everyone".

    ReplyDelete