Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday's thoughts...

And so yes, there's a resident cat for the next six days.  So far, so good.  Lisi has been a very patient, accepting, and gentle galoot.  She's doing well, but I've come to realize I can't burst out into 'HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY' or she will go into high alert looking all over for the kitty in a very possessed way.

Cats are not dogs.  They are curious.  Sneaky.  Stealth in their quietness.  And solitary to some degree.  I needed to run out this morning for a bit.  I came back.  Lisi was overjoyed with glee.  "My sun, moon, and stars is back!  I love her so!  Oh boy!  Now she's even going to pet me!!!'.  The cat?  I opened the door to the confined room she was in.  She blinks sleepily and looks the other way.  I think there's good in both, but I kinda like feeling wanted!   I do reckon there will be tears when kitty leaves.  She's worked her way into the hearts of the MYP very quickly.

Have you seen the price of gas or beef lately?  Egads.  They say cows have lots of gas and could ruin the atmosphere by all their flatulence.  But I don't think it's the same gas...

I went to REI this morning.  You know the sporting goods store that sells kayaks and bikes and serious-looking expedition things for granola crunchers.  I just could feel myself sucking in my belly and trying to look all fit and active while I was in there.  I saw Mr. and Mrs. fortysomething Granola Cruncher buying brand new little Keens for "Fletcher" who was just shy of two.  It was very cute and close to $40.

Due to the record heat-wave hitting Dairyland, the screen porch was cleaned top to bottom and is open for business about a month earlier than normal.  Happy sigh!  Nothing like sitting out there in the warm, spring breezes at night and hearing the coyotes howl!

5 comments:

  1. Cows and their gas problem. Some once thought that would be good renewabe energy. It hasn't 'happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunroom looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the sunroom! (and this early spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorely wishing for a nearby REI this evening. I settled for Tradehome Shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sunroom! We thought we had escaped winter entirely this year, w/ nice, sunny weather since T'giving... until this week when our kids were here from Houston on the boys' spring break. Then we got rain w/ a vengeance and hail and snow and cold winter temps. Hope that doesn't happen to you w/ your sunroom all cleaned up!

    PS- we were in your brother's home a couple weeks ago for first Sunday. Always good to see them :)

    ReplyDelete