Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings

Not much has been mused the past while.  Lets see where this goes.  Just back from a walk.  The Weather Channel says it is 41 and feels like 34.  It felt colder than that after simmering in the 80's last week.

On my walk I was noticing a few things.  The brisk wind for one.  Another was the fact a gentle rain can make brown grass turn to a lovely green nearly overnight.  Another was watching Lisi race as fast as she can by me and I realize it is the UPS man again.  They have a love affair going.  And finally, something about nature.  I spotted a pair of mallards, cardinals, and robins.  All of the 'guys' look much prettier than the lady versions.  I wonder if that's why there are so many Estee Lauder counters in department stores and aisles and aisles of makeup in every other.  I don't know much about any of that fanciness because... well, I'm more like a mama mallard I guess.

A Chairman in Malaysia is in big trouble I reckon.  I got a hit from there by someone searching for "the right of Chairman of company".  Oh-oh.  I think someone stepped out of bounds down there.  

Do you fondly remember the sweet little kitty we just were watching?  Well good thing it was then and not in a few weeks because my hunch was right.  She's gonna be a mama!  Question is:  should we get a kitten or not?  Just remember no matter which way you comment, it probably won't sway our decision (which probably would be 'no').

Today I stood by an open grave.  Being in the presence of a cemetery always gives me pause and I'm thankful for that.  This lady lived a long life.  One thing very interesting about this classy and sweet lady was that she married and then her husband died just five years later of a massive heart attack.  Some would tease her through the years about maybe getting another feller and she would always respond, 'no one could be like Henry'.  He must have been something very, very special.  But it took a toll on him for sure...

This week will be a 'special' one!  We really look forward to this week for quite some time.  A visit and also a special day on Sunday.  Hoping it doesn't snow...

1 comment:

  1. Snow!!Whatever is that? It is blowing a gale out here where I am, and we are staying inside. And it was 80...still.
    I like cats, but I don't really like to take care of them. We had cats inside and out when I was growing up. They would go out when nature called and sleep outside. Now we are (thankfully) down to two we claim and one the neighbors should, since she is having kittens at OUR place instead of home.

    ReplyDelete