Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Musings

My mind whirls, so I will pen it down.  Happy sigh for a very early spring!  Yesterday, I had the lofty idea to walk to the nearby quaint little town area as the girls wanted to bike there.  About half-way through I'm thinking that this is a very, very long walk.  If it was the Chairman's idea, I'm afraid I would have started to mutter and mumble and eventually flat-out protest to why we were walking so far.  But it was mine.  And we continued on.  In the 81 degree heat.  Without water.  But we made it!  Lisi found several items to eat along the way including an approximate 1-year old taco yet in the bag and some innards of a rodent.  ick.

The cat almost got her walking papers yesterday.  She's could have lost one of her nine lives.  Son #1 comes to me looking very serious and said 'it's bad mom'.  Then proceeds to lead me to the garage where I had shooed out the cat for some new space to explore.  I failed to think it over that cats like to climb and they don't think about things dropping off high shelves.  If you know the Chairman, you might know that he likes cars.  Nice, shiny, clean cars.  Well cat knocked two planters (one filled with dirt) off the shelf and they crashed all around the front end of the nice, shiny car.  Mila's guardian cat angel was acting quickly as the pot juuuuuuussssst missed the front end of the car.  Only dirt managed to hit the glossy black paint.  The Chairman was about to have a stroke until he surveyed the scene.  Whew.

A few days ago, we gathered together a group of lady-friends to go out for lunch to celebrate some spring birthdays.  There were 12 of us around the table.  You might have nice people where you live and all... but I must say, the friends I have here are a wonderful combination of spiritual, sensible and silly - in that order.  Lovely ladies each in their unique way.

We were with a sweet family of relatives last night.  They have three young boys.  You don't realize how big your own boy is until you see him around other younger ones.  No wonder the jeans are running a little short these days and the shoes seem to hardly outlast the big toes.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.  As I was stuffing clothes into my washing machine this morning, I started to feel suspicious.  Several shirts looked folded.  Upon further inspection, lots of shirts were still folded.  A pair of PJ's....  hmmm.  She didn't even wear these!  At about the exact same age, I vividly remember stuffing my own stack of clean clothes down the clothes chute.  Betty came bounding up the stairs with a bee in her bonnet.  "YOU DIDN'T WEAR THESE!!!"  My mostly nice older brother wasn't being so nice and thought it was a delightful distraction to his otherwise dull day.  He has reminded me of my mis-judgement many times through the years.  I'm sure he's done something wrong too you know.

Speaking of Betty.... my mom and dad are celebrating 52 years of wedded bliss today!  A shout out to them for continued good years ahead!  I would reckon they like to sit around count their blessings of their Faith, friends, and family.  Especially their youngest child...(or not).  

2 comments:

  1. What? You mean clean folded clothes in the laundry are not unique to our house?? haha! Ugg, I do hate that and unfortunately I can remember doing the same thing. Don't tell my kids! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the clean laundry in the dirty business is one thing I never did and frankly- I don't get it, either. I guess to fake your mom out into thinking you're wearing clean clothes. hmmmm

    Happy Anniversary to your folks!

    ReplyDelete