Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday's thoughts...

My birthday is the first week of May (start sending your gifts now!!!  Or not).  What I'm getting at is the landscape, trees, shrubs and whatnot look like it is early May on the calendar.  I even felt a little frustrated yesterday on my walk that I felt so hot.  In March mind you!

* Kitty cat left us a night and a day ago.  I keep secretly wondering if they are taking good care of her.  If she's been fed properly.  If she misses me.  I even heard her phantom 'meow' a few times.  I told someone once that I could never foster care children (even though I have the highest regard for those that do).  I would go absolutely berserk in missing them and thinking I was the best caregiver ever.  

* I started using fabric softener.  Out of the blue the other night the Chairman said, 'my shoulders have been really itchy lately'.  I giggled.  "Itchy" is such a funny word.  I'm thinking his shoulders don't like the fabric softener.


 * I didn't strike out last night.  But it was close.  I occasionally post recipes that have been a huge hit at the Chairman's Chalet.  Last night wasn't a hit.  Beef Stew.  You would think you couldn't ruin it.  But I did.  

* The newspaper wants my business back.  I thought the price was a bit steep, so I kindly told "Andrea" from the paper this morning to go ahead and cancel.  Now I can renew on-line as a new customer in a week or so and save a few bucks.  Is that cheating?

* Last fall I saw a lot of weeds in some flower beds and just thought I'd let them go through the winter and deal with them in the spring.  Well it is spring and I should have dealt with them in the fall.  I learned a lesson that goes beyond the natural.

* We started with a new lawn care service that has "Shark" in its name.  Well Mr. Shark Service came to the door this afternoon and a tattooed shark was lurking under his shirt sleeve which was slightly distracting.  Which came first?  The tattoo or the name? 

* I wasn't truthful when I mentioned awhile back that I don't really have hobbies.  I pulled up my google reader and read these stats on myself.  From your 76 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 436 items, clicked 24 items, starred 0 items, and emailed 0 items.  Since April 10, 2008 you have read a total of 20,830 items.  Wow.  With stats like that, I would have to call blog reading a hobby of mine.  That's a lot of things to read.  But I like it and that's what a hobby is I guess.  

2 comments:

  1. hi! count yourself blessed as yours is just one of a mere handful...(like maybe 8 blogs) that i have read in the past while..blogging is a wonderful hobby..i just tend to wax and wane at it! you're very consistent tho' which makes checking up on you easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit using fabric softener after mysterious rashes and lots of itching. You can use about a half cup of white vinegar- has the same softening effect without the allergy problem.
    I'd say your hobby is people. Especially the people in your family. They're fortunate. :)

    ReplyDelete