Thursday, December 4, 2008

Downloading pictures

Ok. I know I asked this before. But I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree..

How in the tarnation do I post pictures more easily than doing the five that I can download by clicking photo and adding another. I know there is an easier way and once someone tried to even help me.

I did download Picasa 3 and read that there is a "blog this" button. Where? I don't see it.

So many of you have such neat and creative ways of posting multiple shots. When I simply download the five it allows it seems to take forever and I have a relatively new computer!

Ok. I'm a bit stoopid. But I'm asking. So that makes me less stoopid right?

And if you do make suggestions, make sure they are souper-de-douper easy to understand. My mean brother that picks on my but loves me anyway always said my parents ran out of brains by the time they had me. And my sweet, special, and senile sister (that's for you Mel!) would just smile.

9 comments:

  1. Smilebox.com is a quicker way...when you are finished you can hit blog it and they will give you a LONG code. On your "new post" on your blog, hit the edit HTML tab and paste that code into your new post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Picasa too, and have used the "blog this" once, but I think then you can only do one picture.
    I do the 5 at a time, & walk away & do a chore (or something!) while they're loading. Once they all get on there, then I usually have to re-arrange them because I never get them on in the right order. Never tried the smilebox thing, that sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were told the other evening that the wise men were wise because when they didn't know they asked. Keep asking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, check the settings on your camera so that the size of the pictures you are taking are not so large. In my opinion there isn't much difference in quality between a picture that is over 1 MB in size and one that is 200 KB. (Some may think there is a noticeable difference). But for purpose of posting pictures, you don't need the hugh size. Thats where your problem is with the upload speed.

    Even if you don't want to change the settings on the camera you can change the size of the pictures you want to post on your blog by resaving them in a photo editor on your computer before you upload them, but that would be an extra step.

    I don't have a digital camera and don't post many pictures so maybe I'm wrong, but if you look at the size of those pictures I'm sure you could get by with the smaller size. The same goes for people that email pictures as attachments on emails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By resaving them in a photo editor I mean saving them as a smaller size. It is really the same picture for blogging purposes. But much smaller. So if you wanted to post 10 pictures you'd be uploading around 1 or 2 GB instead of 10 or 15 GB. Which would take you 10 times longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, sister..i'm "stoooopidder" than you! good luck! i do it the ol fashioned way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making them smaller/resizing helps with loading time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.. I am going back over your old posts that I haven't read yet and so I thought I'd try and help you out with this one. I go to the place on my computer where the pictures are that I want to post - then I email them to my blog and then I go into the blog site and edit the post and that is when I add words. I have found that if I try and send the pictures with comments. that sometimes they don't post right. If you don't have an address set up to email the pictures to your blog you can do that by going into your blog account, settings and publishing. I hardly ever post pictures any other way now.... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete