Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday talk

A snowy day here in Wisconsin. I'll try to post a couple pictures later when the kids get home. I doubt you all want another dog picture. It still falls, but soon it'll be over. About 6" more here I reckon.

So I have been stuck here. Got 6 doz. cookies made for the cookie exchange next week. Not sure exactly how many I'll need, but know I'm about 1/2 way there with this many anyway.

I know this isn't hip and trendy and it doesn't make me look like an excellent cook... but I still love Betty Crocker's cookbook. Mine is tattered and torn and has spots and messes from past days. But it sure has served me well and has provided great help on basic recipes.

Sorted boxes in the basement. Purged messes. Have dug around (and the kids too) looking for things since we moved and it got messy down there. Not to mention the Chairman suggested I get my behinder down there and start organizing before they start working on building it out in a month or so...

I'm trying to find ridiculously low-priced tickets to go to a warmer climate in February. We are considering Californiyeah. I'm sure my brother would love to see me again. If not, I'll be glad to see his family anyway. I hope something works out.

But the snow is pretty and I'm going to try and made a resolution to not complain about the weather. It only makes me feel a bit grumpy and others worse...

I was so happy to hear on my 'test' last week that it isn't anything to worry about. The Dr. was worried as she thought she saw something and so I had an ultrasound (and no, no babies for this old lady!). It turned out to be something lots of people get (usually ladies!). But what I'm trying to say is that I don't ever want to take health for granted. When you have a worry over your head for a few days and then get a call that says it isn't serious... it feels like a new lease on life again.

So time to fix the hot chocolate for the kiddies. They'll be home in minutes.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. I too love Betty Crocker for certain things. Can't go wrong with the tried and true recipes. Although, there are some in there that sound kind of gross :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew glad to know the results...I was worried you were having twins.tehe

    ReplyDelete