Thursday, December 4, 2008

One year and my what a year it's been!

Don't I look pretty on my birthday? I tried
to show my flattering side.

Hey friends and fans! It's me Lisi... and it is (drum roll) my birthday! Whooooohoo. I'm one year old today. You humans think you're so much smarter and more special than us dogs. Well maybe you are... you have those opposing thumbs which would be mighty handy to have. But God made me this way and this life is all I got. What I'm trying to say is this. Have you seen a one-year old baby? You know the picture... a drooling, fat, mostly messy (and cute) kid sitting in his highchair and not knowing about how to blow a candle out? People gather around and watch him sit there making a mess of himself. I think you get the picture. What has that baby accomplished in a year? Still in diapers. Check. Usually still on a bottle. Check. Still needs help going to bed. Check. Still needs help getting dressed. Check. Still needs help getting around. Check. What makes them so special? You know what I am in one year? A dog! A real dog. Oh sure, I'm still messy. I still cause problems. But you know what? I don't pee on the floor anymore. I don't chew on shoes. I know when to 'sit, stay, come, cross the street at a whistle...' I think you get the picture. And beyond all that I've had exciting things happen too! I got to be on a school bus, destroyed a Mother's Day card of a little boy I love, ended up stuck in a neighbor's garage, moved across town, got to meet a sheriff, and lastly, went to the doggy doctor and he gave me sleepy stuff and I ended up not being able to have puppies! Not that I wanted any. I like the big guy here that walks me, the lady that yells but loves me anyway, and the three little people - especially the smallest one. She keeps saying how cute I am and then gets down and gives me super rubs on my tum. I overheard the big lady tell the little people there might be a birthday cake tonight. How great is that?

So stay tuned my loyal followers! More tails (sic) from Lisi-land will be forthcoming...

1 comment: