Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Windchime wonder...

Not wonder as in wonderful. Wonder is in why in the world have windchimes? I don't want to offend. Maybe some of you loyal peeps like them. Personally, I don't. Actually, they might rank up there in my list of pet peeves. I just returned from a walk. Yes, it was a blustery, cold walk. But lovely. Lisi was in her glory. I enjoyed the fresh air and the wee bit of sun that December brings. And then there they were. The unmistakable clinky-clattering of windchimes. Sure, the first four notes sound great. But then after hearing them for about say, 4 seconds, it is annoying. I'm just very, very thankful that the windchime people live out of ear range. And I pity those folks that have to endure hearing the non-stop clattering of supposed relaxing sound when they could be listening to the whisper of the wind through pines, the chirp of a bird, or the sounds... of silence.

Ok. Thank you very much. That soap box moment felt good. Now on with the day.

p.s. Can you tell I'm getting more 'punchy' again?

7 comments:

  1. I'm one of those that likes windchimes as long as it's not super loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm a windchimer too...when you come by to visit, I'll be sure to tie them up :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind big ones in the summer. Windchimes sound very cold in the winter, at night. Kinda eerie to me. Just thought about this yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol- yes, can tell. Actually, I could tell because of your comment on Lani's blog! :)

    I like windchimes- inside, in an out-of-the-way place- in other words, I guess I actually only like about the first 4 seconds, too. In fact, my fav windchime is the one I can walk up to, jingle a bit and walk away from, leaving them it in complete silence! We use windchimes in lieu of a dinner bell at one place over here- and when they're not being used to call folks to lunch or tea, they're firmly tied up to keep them from jangling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't care from them when the kids were little...one more noise to keep them up at nap time, but now I find them peaceful...when the wind is more like a breeze...anything more than that...annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, "Punchy". Don't come walking by my house, then. ;)

    ReplyDelete