Friday, December 5, 2008

Mira's concert









Our first concert of the holiday season. And our first at the new school. Some observations:
* Two parent families are the 'norm' in our new school. In our old one, it wasn't.
* The kids here really dressed up for the ocassion. It was very nice.
* The expectations are just higher all around - from the academic side to the musical side. These 5 and 6 year old kids did better than the 4th/5th at the old place.
* Mira is shy at first. Hand up to mouth. Walking slightly crooked into the gym. Looking for us and not wanting to look for us. Then she relaxed and did fine.
* The cookie reception was good! Except that it was at 10 am and I would have rather had a big doughnut instead.
Now I have to really get to work!

1 comment:

  1. Awww... these pictures are so nice. I was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at a concert when I was in kindergarten. I wonder if I EVER had a shy bone in my body. Interesting observations.

    ReplyDelete