Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy new week!

  • Had a super weekend! We were with another couple that have two children they adopted at virtually the exact time as us. They went to Russia. Their kids are nearly identical in ages to R&T. The kids just had a blast. I got overwhelmed one moment looking at them thinking that their son and our daughter were waiting in cribs on the other side of the world and now playing and laughing together here in WI. It's beyond neat.
  • And we got to spend just one short meal with another two people that mean more than words can say... . B. gave one little gem to me. If you look outward, you'll feel better within. If you continually look inward, you'll feel worse and worse.
  • It is to be in the 70's for a few days now.. can't ask for more in November, eh? I keep thinking each and every day it is nice means that winter might be a bit shorter.
  • Lisi came home from the kennel smelling like fresh peaches again. That'll last until she finds the next squirrel carcass to roll in. PU.
  • I hope the voting lines aren't too long tomorrow. This election feels very important for the long-term future. But I guess it is out of my hands as soon as I put my little ballot into that machine that chirps twice, then eats my sheet.
  • We went to our old subidvision to trick or treat. It was just so fun to be back. Supper with old neighbor/friends (no, Mike, you aren't old... I said old neighbor, not old-neighbor). I had a nice chat with the new Mrs. at our old house. We visited only on the porch. She had one baby. Two were inside with the Mr. She's so friendly and nice. I'm glad the walls of 2216 have someone that cares. But now, home is here.
  • Our delayed furniture for the computer room comes tomorrow. I'm tired of sitting on a folding chair typing on a jiggly folding table. But you know, it works.
  • I got an add'l 30% off on my Kohl's sheet this time!!! I haven't gotten one in nearly a year. So, we'll need to go when it is 50% off one of these days on stuff... then I'll throw on the 30% and maybe they'll give me money after the bill is rung up. Doubt that.
  • Thanks for the suggestions on my ailment. Mr. Chairman was almost horrified that I posted that. He thought maybe people would think I'm a hypochondriac. I hope I'm not. But anyway, I think most of you saying it was acid issues are right... (urp!).
  • We stopped at the cemetery on our way north last Saturday. Sue and Ashley are buried side by side. It was my first time since the funeral. It was sad. Sobering. And it gave me a huge desire to be more thankful for the life and health I have now and the hope of something more someday...
  • And so the mountains of laundry, dishes, dirt await. Job security!
  • Ok.. so why don't the bullet points show up??? I typed this in compose mode. When it is posted, no bullets. So it looks long and hard to read? Help! Remember, I'm a rookie.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm - bullets show up in Google Reader but not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I noticed that the bullet points showed up in Internet Explorer reader, too. But not on the page. Weird.

    ReplyDelete