Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mira-ism

After her shower, I was helping Mira get dressed and pulled out some undies. I said, 'here honey, how about Strawberry Shortcake panties?' She says, 'mom? I really don't like Strawberry Shortcake, but since they are "handy-downs" I'll wear them. I love those moments and since she's already 6, those days are nearly over.

It is windy as all get out tonight. And bone-cold. Did I say ever that November isn't a favorite month of mine?

Rayna and her friend Shana got to go to Sarah's Stampin' Garage for fun with her. I tagged along to supposidly watch the little ankle-biter there. Wowser, she's delightful and a pistol at the same time. Lana... I had a fun with Joey too! He still likes to cuddle.

Our dishwasher roars. When we moved in it was so quiet you couldn't tell it was running. Now it turned loud on me. So yet another service guy comes.

I found a file cabinet at Sam's! A good deal (Lucille) too!

And I need to clean. I think tomorrow I might get it to 'ting'. We'll see. But I'm anxious for that sound again. New readers will have to read posts when we were doing open houses in June. Because...

Dinner company tomorrow night. Looking forward to it a lot. I like friends coming over. Makes November nights feel more cozy. Did I mention that I don't like November? :-)

And! My brother that I like to complain about, but love anyway and his wonderful family come in this weekend too! Hooray for Thanksgiving!

Why are geese honking and flying over the house at night? There are literally hundreds around here. There's a golf course about 1/2 mile away. I think that has something to do with it.

I like cheap gas! And a bit cheaper bill at the grocery line.

The Chairman has been working long hours. And he never complains about it and the responsibility he has for us. I love that about him. And I hope I'm doing my part at home keeping the fires burning.

Now it is time to put the file cabinet together!

p.s. Did I mention to you my feelings about November? Oh I did? Sorry.

4 comments:

  1. You make me smile every time I read your blog! I don't like November either!
    I love how you record all those little "ism's". I'm terrible at remembering them. My sister remembers more things about my kids than I do! I do remember a few. I should do a post about them sometime.
    I think my kids like posts about them. They all want me to do more "back when- guess who" pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I found I have a few "kindred spirits" when it some to November. I just kind of exist from now until the days start getting longer. There are too many hours of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feelings about November are the same. The only thing I like about the month is Thanksgiving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your keeping busy and entertained! I'm not a fan of winter. So that takes a few months. I do like snow. For about a month. Hope to see you guys next month....maybe a big party at your house one day:) hehe (Glad Joey is still snuggly....he just needs a muzzle!)

    ReplyDelete