Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday talk

Man-oh-howdy it is cold out! The brisk NW wind really was 'bitey' on my walk this morning. But it feels soooo good to walk too. I remember a quote when I lived in MN. There is no such thing as bad weather. Bad clothes? Yes. Bad weather, no. I still don't believe it.

I enjoyed lunch with a friend. I've known her basically all my life. Our parents were friends when we were wee little girls. She was the best friend of my sister-in-law that left us too soon. Because of sharing in that sadness, she became a real friend and not just someone I 'knew'. I'm thankful still for Sue and her influence and life. And miss her.

A bittersweet feeling. Because of a better school district, my 'baby' is now reading chapter books. That means the cute reader books aren't cutting it anymore. I brought home a bag of library stories a week ago (oh yes! Little Lamb is still on the lam... (missing) get it?) and they sit. I suggest that I could read and Mira responds that she wants to read her Junie B book. (sniff)

Our woodstove has 'issues'. We had a couple bad downdrafts which smoked up the basement. Our local friend who also happens to be a woodstove expert and retired firefighter is coming over to see the matter. Lucky for us for him! I miss the warmth.

And no Anita... no camel hair yet. :-) My birthday is in May though... (tee-hee)

Why do dogs love to roll in stinky stuff. Manure. Dead animals. I thought we had a smart purebred. But really, a dog is a dog and they like to dig and roll in really stinky stuff.

Having some over for Friday supper. Always look forward to that.

I should post more pictures but I don't get the camera out enough.

Anyone want to come over for pancakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment