Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kidney beans! I mean stone...

Shouldn't be joking. It hurts.

We to bed last night normal time. Wake up with intense pain. Endure three hours until I can't stand it anymore. Wake up Chairman. Call Nurse On Line. Go to ER. Admitted quickly and nearly beg for my medicine. Get an IV. Temporary relief. CAT scan reveals a stone near the bladder and no others. Dr. sends us home 3 hours later.

I'm on pain meds that mask it somewhat. Need to drink a HUGE volume of water today and be up and around (in the house) as much as possible. And wait. For it to pass. 50-50 chance. I'm hoping of course as I'd like turkey tomorrow with family!

Ouch. And I thought yesterday was bad!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, I hope you get better soon! I'm sure there is no such thing as "good timing" for this, but right before thanksgiving...yuck! Thinking of you. Hope you can enjoy the day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the pits, for sure. Here's hoping for a fast recovery. I'm sure sorry for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your pain! I wasn't so sympathetic of my husband's kidney stones - as a result I was given some of my own - I now know that it DOES hurt "that bad"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing. I am feeling sorry for you. I have heard that the stone is worse pain than labor. Hope you get turkey day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry!!! Hope it is gone as quickly as it came so that you can enjoy Thanksgiving. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We keep thinking of you today, so hoping the ole' stone passes today so you can be with us tomorrow at Sarah. So drink! We wait for an update. With Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon. Thanks for all your interesting blog posts. I've enjoyed followin' along. Greet Keith's family, Karen's and your folks. You'll all enjoy the dressin' and pumkin' pie tomorrow. I'll miss it, but I'm still so Thankful for so many things anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon, Linda. I'm sorry this had to happen, and right now... things like this never wait until it's convenient, unfortunately.

    To the rest of your family... take good care of mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch. Hoping you're eating turkey today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no wonder u had such a bad day last week, you were living with the pain of a secret stone

    ReplyDelete