Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday's stats

Lets see... great past few days. Had our workers here. Got invites out for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Friends are a blessing. Our kids know little about being lonely. In fact, after our g.m. this afternoon, Rayna said, 'what are we doing tonight?'. Um. Going home and just being there. Really? Can't we have someone come over?

The dog rolled in some form of animal manure while Duane and she were walking today. PU. She's banished until bathtime.

The kids saw gerbils at the place I get dog food. They are begging, pleading, asking, for pet gerbils. I'm an animal lover. Love them! But the thought of spending money for a rodent that looks just like the mouse I killed in the garage seems just senseless. And after day #9, I have a hunch that I'd be the primary caretaker of these aforementioned rodents. No thank you. Yet they insist...

I don't like November. Still don't. I think I mentioned at our anniversary time that I don't like this month. Eeeeew. I'd rather have ice and snow and -20 degree weather. Windy, rainy, and gray. I'm cold to the bone. Almost always. I did break down and buy Smartwool last winter. I only have one shirt. And some socks. That does help. But I get soooo cold. Any remedies out there? The Chairman is usually hot. So the thermostat gets looked at often.

I have so many jobs to get at around here. Setting up the printer. The laptop for wireless. Sorting umpteen boxes in the basement. Cleaning places no one sees. Replacing lightbulbs outside. Calling electricians, HVAC guys, etc. Yeesh. A bit at a time, right?

The dog fence got really tested today! A lab (and his owner) were walking by and Lisi danced sideways in the front yard and didn't dare cross! Hooray!

Enough from the peanut gallery.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck Linda! Us animal-loving Moms get talked into all sorts of pets! We still are caring for Tristan's 7 yr old rabbit and he is in his third year of college! He did take his poison dart frog with him.... Our list of pets have included: 2 gerbils, a snake,hermit crabs,fish,red-eyed tree frogs,poison dart frog, a yellow lab, toads, a hedgehog,about 60 rabbits(we allowed breeding for awhile!)... Just a warning-it all started with the gerbils! But kids need pets and we had fun. kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my blog were as good as yours! Thanks for having it! Glad to hear the fence is working! As for pets - we lucked out with having a 'barn full' of them! Now with the kids gone I'm still the sucker for looking after all the cats. We need them around for rodent control but when the kittens start coming out to the milk bowl, I just can't stop with the milk then! Glad there always seems to be a little throw away milk to give them. Every one in the neighborhood knows that I do it, too because I always have a long line of cats following me to the 'new barn' (we've only be in the it for 15 yrs! : ) ) when I go - pail in hand - to get the milk! And this is the fun part now. The last time Nolan was here he said "Gramma, did you milk the cats yet?" Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you how much I enjoy your blog? :*)
    I was talking to my friend Shelley this morning, and we were talking about her cousin Michelle that just passed away, blogging, & bloggers & she mentioned that she saw your name and thought she recognized it, so checked your blog quick to see if it was you. She and her family (Jim K) visited you when they were up visiting Jim's sister Bonita K! Small world, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're cold, what you need is camel hair- it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. snerk merk snort hoo haheehee

    Well, I like silk undershirts a whole lot. And wool is about as good as it gets for keeping a person warm when it's really cold.

    And camel's hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camels are way stinkier than gerbils. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skip the gerbils. Go for a ferret. I totally agree on November, especially here. I don't remember November in ND being as miserable. Thanksgiving is its saving grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI - this is a weird post but Twyla wants to send you a letter and I don't know your new address. Should I just send it to your old one - or do you have my email? Thanks

    ReplyDelete