Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's thoughts

Good thing for Lisi. I've lost my voice. Keith, you wish you were here I know. A dream come true for you. Your loud-mouth little sister without a voice. In fact, a fundraiser lady just called and I think she thought I was pulling a prank on her as I was breathlessly whispering to her on the phone. She hung up on me! I feel fine though. And the sore throat is gone!

So the underground fence is in. It'll work with a bit of training. She now has nearly 2 acres to roam once she's trained.

We put together a little glass bookshelf that we found at Crate and Barrel. Will hold our reference books/bibles/pictures. Looks cute. But what amazes me (after 14 years of marriage) is that we are putting stuff together... together! Duane used to get so stressed out with me breathing over his shoulder. I think I'm learning to keep my mouth shut (pretty easy to do today heh-heh), but now I'm trying to help without meddling and it is working! Funny what you learn after years of companionship.

No weekend plans so far which is nice. The kids are really worn out at the end of the week sometimes. Nice to have our workers back in town!

Time for some tea!

2 comments:

  1. p.s. Well even if you have lost your talking voice, you still have your blog voice. ;) I'm listening, anywayz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the only project Craig and I have done together successfully is a drywall project in our upstairs. Usually, I leave the room. It seems to work best that way. ;) So kudos to you for figuring out how to make it work! I hear you about the relief of not having weekend plans. Me going back to work on the weekends has really helped us "slow down" which has been a good thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete