Friday, November 21, 2008

Ka-Rash!



And so when I posted the picture (below) I heard a 'KA-BOOM!'. I jumped up thinking something went wrong in the basement. Nope. Lucky for me. Just a smoking car IN OUR BACKYARD? Oh goodness. Away walks a high school guy (neighbor actually). The front end is missing. The car is smoking. The windshield wipers are going back and forth, back and forth (I'm not sure why on that).

I call the Chairman. He always knows what to do! 'Did you call 911?'. No. Should I? Yes! Now! So I do and soon the parade of people come. Two sheriffs. One ambulance. One firetruck. And finally, a tow truck and the WE Energy truck! Exciting! I might add on a side note all this is going on while a repair man is on his back in the kitchen looking at the dishwasher motor.

What happened is simply speed and a corner. He first leveled off a very nice Balsam Fir (too bad), knocked over the utility box, went airborn over our mound, and landed with a 'KA-BOOM' about 25' later. It was eerily close to our master bedroom.

I must give the people credit. The mom and son stopped and offered a heart-felt apology. He said he won't be driving for a long time. The mother was rattled, but thankful for kindness.

And I'm thankful no one was hurt!

2 comments:

  1. And you say nothing exciting ever happens over there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad it wasn't your house!
    I bet they were a "little" stressed stopping by, not everyone would have been kind!

    ReplyDelete