Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lip Smakin' Good!

Hi everyone! Yep. Me again. You know dogs don't usually have much to say. We dig and scratch and sometimes bark or howl. But all you faithful readers know that me, lovely Lisi has stories to share. Tales to tell. And that usually means I've made some big person in my life worried, upset, tickled, or just plain mad. This time I got a good feeliing (right after my scruff shake) that I didn't make a good choice.

We had a grand afternoon. Did you know it was warm here? I thought it was going to get cold and snowy pretty soon. But no! It was warm. Hot. And the big lady that yells at me but loves me anyway was out with the boy who has lots of energy like me. They were having a blast playing catch with a baseball. I caught some too and they really put up a good chase! Wheee! So then the big (and sometimes crabby) lady says she needs to get inside and get supper finished up. Yum! I stay tied up for awhile then the littlest one here let me in the house. I could smell food. I smell meat. Yum. The big lady is putting a lot on the table. I see baked beans, corn, coleslaw, and cornbread. And! PUT IT DOWN THERE. Oh boy! She did! And she's distracted. She's walking away. And she's leaving me alone with... bbq RIBS!!! They are at the veeeerrrrry edge of the table. Oh I shouldn't. I can't. Nope. That would be wrong. Wait a minute. I'm not even a year old. I have no self-control. YES! YES! YES! Ribs! For me!!! I look both ways and quickly pull one off the plate. Oh rats. It clunked. The big lady is running and screaming. I cower. I try to look sad. Frightened. Remorseful. But I'm not. I just tasted some awesome ribs. But she grabs me. Gives me a scruff shake while yelling. (that's the equivilent of a dog spanking) And out I go. Tied up again. I hear the big lady saying she can't wait for the hidden fence thing so I am an outdoor dog for real. I'm still not sure how I feel about all that. But I do know this. BBQ ribs are really great!

8 comments:

  1. So now that you've made us all drooling over the very sound of your ribs, are you going to share the recipe??! And, you do tell Lisi's story's so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And her adventures continue, you just gotta' love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisi speaking...."This making me a outdoor thing for real...how could you. I love you so much even though you get mad at me. I'm still a puppy. Believe me, I'll calm down. Than you'll love me more. Oh yeah, can I have some more ribs, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs.....you just have to love em.......not!!

    Even if my name wasn't attached you'd know it was me!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well come on you tempted her with Ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. next time just make them and send them here so you don't waste them. i sure hope you picked them up off the floor if that's where they landed and ate those precious things anyway..i mean..i'd eat em with dog hair attached to a few. those ribs rock. you have good taste, Lisi, i'll say that for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes getting in trouble is worth the trouble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They weren't made by you, but speaking of ribs, I had some really good ones this week. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete