Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Randomness

I hate cutting up a raw chicken. Yes, strong language I know. I love cooking. Baking. Anything in the kitchen. But I hate cutting a raw chicken. Even if it is a free-range professing chicken (think Sarah S.). It still is very high on the icky scale. I realize she's giving of time and energy and probably money to contribute to the dinner tables around SE Wisconsin, but would it be asking too much to have her cut them up for us too??? Sarah? Whatdayasay?

I'm serving it to our workers. They'll soon be here for a few days. A privilege indeed. I think the way it is planned to have the shepherds go from home to home is perfect in every way. They encourage us just by being near. We have lots to be thankful for.

And changing the subject. I saw a huge bag of Krusteaz pancake mix at Sam's awhile back. And I got it. And I don't like it. I'm not a food fussy really, but the end result is NOT like my homemade buttermilk whole wheat ones. So! What do you do with a 3 lb. bag of pancake mix?

Trevor is getting to be a budding cook. Last night he helped me make applesause. Today, he basically did breakfast for everyone. He needs to be busy and then he's happy. Now Rayna? She doesn't have the least bit interest in the kitchen. I hope she doesn't starve some day.

I'm still not trusting the dog fence yet. She broke through twice yesterday, but it was still in training mode. I upped it and then 'accidentally' had her shocked while chasing a ball. And she jumped and got very nervous about it all. I hope it works.

She's waiting for her walk, so I better hit it.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Check out that chicken on my shoulder!! I thought it didn't work when I tried to add that the other day to my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh . . . it's good for you, you city slicker, do get your hands all greasy and slimy from chicken fat and anything else left behind. Now, you imagine Sarah's job, all those lovely innards she removes just so you can have a farm fresh chicken. Maybe if you offered to help clean chickens, she would cut it up for you! Deal? And that pancake mix? Our dogs would fight over pancakes . . . opps, forgot. Your dog is a city slicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought you had quality time at Dakota Poultry

    ReplyDelete
  4. make treat bags for the kids to take to their teachers as a t-day present. in the bag could be a random assortment of goodies.. like a mug, a fresh cookie or two, maybe a tea bag, and... a pound of pancake mix.
    such great ideas i have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate raw chicken too and raw hamburger is a close second. Are there any college students in town that might like a 3# bag of pancake mix?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know someone you know in South Dakota who would LOVE your pancake mix..anyone going thataway anytime soon?( oh..and he even had a birthday recently..hint hint..what a nice present )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stand to cut up raw chicken either. Actually - I can't stand to touch the stuff!! ick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm- put it in the freezer and use it for flour every time you want to bread something for the next 100 years?

    ReplyDelete