Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bathroom Banter

I cannot leave this one alone. Our bathroom job at conv. It is just mind-numbing fun. A hoot! Great jokes that are a gas!!! Whoooeee we laughed. I think I made a few ladies almost uncomfortable as they were just trying to go about their 'business' and hearing us cleaning ladies just yucking it up outside the stall. But fun it was! And it smelled nearly like daisies when we were done (no small feat when you have about 300 ladies plus assorted kids traipsing through doing what people do).

Random thoughts or quotes gleaned from our fragrant days together:

Your business is our business.

This job stinks.

Toilets R Us.

High fiber cereals work wonders.

Why wait so long and do THAT much all in one sitting.

One shower didn't have water one day. I thought a sign 'Dry Clean Only' would have been fitting.

The toilet bowl cleaner we had ate pantyhose. I was dumb. I ruined two pairs. By Saturday, I was wearing yucky clothes and plastic aprons.

Air freshener sprayed liberally gives the illusion of cleanliness.

My girls and a few extras LOVED to work with us. I think mainly it was the praise given to them by others... that went a long way.

I hope I can do this job for years to come. It is honestly a lot of hard work. But with a great team and a clean 'end' result, it is very rewarding.

Hope this wasn't too much detail!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I'm just glad someone's willing to do that job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interestingly enough, as the bed lady here, I always end up cleaning the toilets (outhouses, in this case) as well as the 'shower' room- that's a euphemism, believe me) because no one wants to.

    Some pretty nasty tb cleaner, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slogans and euphemisms totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ALMOST make me want to join your team. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Lani....ALMOST! yeah me too!
    I don't think the gal that did bathroom cleaning duty at our conv. had NEAR as much fun as you! in fact I think it put her in a really bad mood cuz Sat. night she was banging those lids & slamming things in there enough for us to notice in the adjoining sleeping room! I think she needed your happy spirit to work with! :*)

    ReplyDelete