Sunday, September 14, 2008

Conv. aftermath

* The camper is unloaded! And a lot of it is already in its respective place(s). I did run three loads of laundry through. Stinky wet towels, dirty undies, and some puke-laden pillows.

* The meetings held all they intended to... and more. So much more. I can't belive how much we hear some familiar things, but each time it is more special, wonderful, great.

* And the atmosphere of just being there is so uplifting. "Found among the faithful" popped into my head one day.

* And I'm thankful for so many good, dear, wonderful friends. Each unique and bring something to a friendship that another could not. Our area has rich blessings of good people.

* I was told in no uncertain terms how much my niece reminds them of... ME! All I can say is I'm highly flattered. This aforementioned niece is about as neat of a package as you can get. Kind, beautiful, intelligent, sweet, funny, and great. I have about two of those qualities, so maybe we are a bit alike. I do think though I can make a better loaf of bread than she can, so maybe that is my selling point.

* It rained while we were gone! The grass that was 'deader than doornails' is showing some fresh life again.

* Freddy (earlier post) survived our absence. But he certainly was glad to see me wander by the bowl!

* Lisi is limping. Too much fun at the doggy lodge again. I think someone got the best of her today. She's exhausted.

* Duane is back in the saddle at work again tonight. He did all he could to be up there with us. The timing of the week was rough, but he did it. And now it'll be a tough few days ahead too. But he doesn't complain and I admire that in him so much.

I have to do separate posts on two other things...

2 comments:

  1. Ditto for us. Craig went back to morning today, too. Went to bed late, got up early. I slept in until 7:30ish. I think the boys were glad to be home in their own beds again. I've been having problems with Gavyn coughing, too. Hope it's not asthma. Doctor wants us to come back for tests if it doesn't clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete