Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nothings again...

* I feel like I have a full day ahead of me and do accomplish a lot of tasks. Yet, it never seems like that much at the end of a day.

* Calling lots of people for this or that. An appt. set up with the cabinet people for next week. We need to get the island done and storage for the back entry! Winter is coming soon and I need a place to put all the 'stuff'.

* We have a wood stove in our great room. From my internet research, it is a 1977 Vermont Castings stove. I need to figure out if it is all in working order. I printed out the owner's manual off the web. Isn't the internet great for research?

* Like overnight waffles. Last night I asked the kids what they wanted for breakfast. Mira said she wanted waffles. Well I came downstairs and wondered how to do them fast. Then remembered a yeast recipe that has the batter sit out overnight. I threw it together (a very easy recipe) and yum! They were great! And easy. Our morning rush isn't probably atypical. But it is crazy-busy for about 1/2 hour before they leave.

* Trevor has his follow-up appt. tomorrow. He's doing just great. I don't hear the annoying cough or him doing this weird 'clicking' sound to keep his nasal passages open. He breathes like a normal person!

* The girls want their new bedding washed and put on the beds already. I might do that today. The painter lady comes to give her ideas/bid on Friday. I can't wait for it all to be done!

* Lisi is staying home better! So maybe we'll be able to forego the invisible fence. I'd rather spend that money on something more useful. Like a vacation!

* I'd love to go somewhere warm this winter. But the cost seems really high when I check around. Ugh. Any ideas out there? Anyone want to come with us? Hey! If you reeeeallly like us, you'd buy our tickets just to have our company!

* I feel old. I was moving a mirror from one of the bathrooms and it was kinda tilted under my face and horrors! A dropping skin under my chin! It looked really, really bad from that angle. I feel young inside. But I'm middle-aged. And my face shows it. Not to mention gray hair...

* But that sounds depressing. And I'm not. Life is good.

* I made a yummy and super simple bean dip to go with our tacos last night. It is 1 can refrieds, 1/2 cup salsa and 2 T taco seasoning mixed together. Spread in pie plate. Add 1/2 c. sour cream and spread on top. Then 1/2 cup mexican cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Our kids really slurped it in.

* Speaking of food! We have chickens. Fresh from the farm chickens. My redheaded angel's husband (see earlier post) called saying we should come right away. And I brought home 8 of the finest cluckers you could imagine. I missed all the blood/gore scene. I just have some smooth, white fowl in the freezer. And I got a dozen eggs too! I wonder if any of those unlucky clucks laid the egg and then CHOP went their head! No, I think they are different chickens. But on the ride home I was thinking 'which came first the chicken or the egg?' I had both! I still need to pay for my goods.

* I cut a toenail too short and it bled and now it hurts really bad. I think on that note I've completely run out of anything meaningful to say. Come to think of it, I could simply delete all I've written since none of it is worthwhile to spend time reading.

Enough already.

5 comments:

  1. I sympathize with the "looking old" thing. I hate mirrors! I so remember my grandmother saying; "but I don't FEEL old inside"! She hated to look in the mirror too, and was always lamanting the wrinkles & saggy skin. I don't want to go anywhere this winter, I just want it to be warm here so I won't wish I could go anywhere else! (??!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it's the everyday things that make up life. Nothings that tomorrow will be precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wouldn't mind going someplace warm this winter myself, but I was hoping you would pay. ;)

    Isn't the looking in the mirror thing, weird? I do the same thing and can't believe it's me. Doesn't make me sad/depressed, either, really. Just wondering when it happened.

    And don't delete this post just yet. There's a bean dip recipe I need to copy down first. And to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of partial to your "nothings again" posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how 'bout that overnight waffle recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  5. -well come see us for the winter- your kids get a longggggggg winter holiday, right? D doesn't really have to actually show up at the office or anything for a couple months, right? I mean, C & E need someone here to fill in for them for awhile... so do we...
    -I think I know the stover you're talking about- or that kind, anyway. They're really good, if it's the one I've heard about. Oh, yes, the net's great!
    -bean dip sounds super yummy
    -I've read about those chickens on 2 blogs now! :)
    -I hate when that happens to a toenail... ouch...
    fyi- I don't really think you should take your vacation over here- I'm a pretty practical reasonable sort of person! ;)

    ReplyDelete