Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday thoughts

moving day
neighbor kids at old place
1st day 2008
the bus!

* Searching for hours for the library books was somewhat helpful as I kinda know where everything is and in which box. But! I can't find my hand mixer. I've searched and searched and cannot locate it! So I had to drag out the big mixer to make a small batch of cookies. Ugh.

* It is raining! The first time in a long, long time. I hope it awakens the dead grass. I transplanted some stuff from our old yard yesterday that mean something to me. Rhubarb, raspberries, purple coneflower (from S&T's wedding 2 years ago), daisies, and flowering flax (reminds me of SD when it blooms in the morning). I hope they take hold. This rain should help.

* School is going great for the kids. The come home very happy and very tired. There's more homework this year in the new school. Mira said the other night when I put her to bed, 'mom? There's not so many troublemakers in my room this year. In fact, there aren't any.' I told her maybe she would be the troublemaker and she giggled and said it wouldn't happen.

* Trevor is better! I think what he had was asthma that turned into pneumonia or vice versa. I have a physical scheduled for him in two weeks. They should be able to tell me what it is. But the meds are working and he isn't coughing and has a glint in his eye again.

* Trevor has twin 5 1/2 year olds across the street that think he walks on water. He likes that.

* How often should I change the kids' sheets? I realized today it had been a couple of months (I'm being honest here!). That made an eeeeuuuuu factor. So I'm doing all the beds today. It maybe isn't fair as I like to change ours at least every other week. Hmmm.

* I feel guilty for enjoying my quiet days again. I get soooo much done without the kids around. And then I feel really ready to see the bus come around the bend. I think I'm a better mom with a break in the day. Now to figure out how to not have them all try to talk at once when they get off the bus!

* Bread rises so nice on a rainy day. I have two lofty loaves waiting for the family to devour.

* It feels like home here now. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe it is just the time getting used to it. But after being away in IA and coming back here, it just felt like home. I like that.

* I keep thinking of what was shared when we were in IA. If we have a bad thought about someone or something, replace it with a good thought, a phrase of a hymn, or something positive. The bad thoughts will flee. I needed to hear that.

* The presidential race looks like it could be interesting! I'm going to try to not get riled up about it this time because even if I do, it won't change the outcome.

* I smell fall in the air. It scares me since I don't like winter really at all...!

* I think this is enough.

* I hope to post some random pictures from the last little while.

4 comments:

  1. I change everyones' sheets every Saturday morning. This morning older E comes to me at 6 am ish.... and says, "Mom, my bed is filled with sand and my hair too. I need to wash my hair in the shower right now." Huh.... opening one eye and peering at the clock... a little after six... what... you and I both could be sleeping in late but no.... we are discussing the changing of sheets. It made me think of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change sheets every other week, ours one week, the boys the next. I just wish I had a clothes line, cuz clean, fresh sheets off the clothes line smell SO delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're supposed to change your sheets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it feels like home for you already. That's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete