Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday madness

Not really. But it sounded exciting anyway.

* If you want a clean house, don't invite families over with a combined total of 10 children and add tortilla chips to the mix. But they vacuum up nicely anyway.

* On a side note, I get a very high degree of satisfaction having people over. The cooking doesn't scare me (although I wouldn't be considered a gourmet cook... it usually is quite edible).

* The dog has eye and ear infection. So after loosening up the wallet, we left with the necessary medicine. But no swimming for a week. I haven't broke the news to her yet.

* Kevin wouldn't go up front to do the presentation with Rayna last Friday. It was supposed to happen today and R. was nervous he'd get cold feet again. I think you'd call it stage fright. That wouldn't be in Rayna's vocabulary. She LOVES to perform.

* Our painter comes a week from Wednesday! Doing the girls, T's, and our bedrooms. Plus the girls' bathroom. Hooray! And the colors will be just great (I hope).

* It is gray and dreary. And we got our first 'snow plowing' flyer today.

* I dearly enjoy my niece and her husband. But there is a drawback. They simply make me feel old. They have a new home that is almost complete. We went to see it and them for the first time in nearly a year last Saturday. They've done lovely things and have accomplished much already with that and more important things in life. And I still think of a skinny little girl with spiky blonde hair and a ready smile. Come to think of it, that's still her only she's in her 20's. And it makes me feel old.

* Back to food. I made my Gma A's apple cake with caramel sauce again. Man-oh-howdy I like it. The sauce that you put on top of the cake is just... well yum.

* I finally paid for my aforementioned-fresh-from-the-farm-we-just-were-buthchered chickens yesterday after meeting. So now I need to thaw one and see how he cooks up. Didn't want to eat something I hadn't paid for!

Enough already.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your "if you think my hands are full...." I don't know if it's new or not, but I just noticed it :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... so are you giving out your Grandma Ethel's recipe? Sounds good and I just got handed a sack full of apples perfect for this very thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you asked awhile ago about taking a trip somewhere possibly with someone etc...wherever you go you're welcome to come see us on your way to or from or make us your destination! there's really a lot of neat things to do around here! plus, it's just enough warmer here during the winter that you don't need to carry a shovel etc with ya. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ethel, we are thinking about coming your direction.. maybe we should put a request in to include you?!

    ReplyDelete