Thursday, September 25, 2008

A couple more things...

I think I'm addicted to putting small furniture items together. So far I've done all of Trevor's bedroom set, two side tables for the girls' room, and a shoe rack. Today I put together a little pantry thing to have in the garage. If you follow the steps it works out dandy. And the sense of accomplishment is great. So much of my day consists of continually doing the same thing... folding clothes, slicking up the house, keeping the kitchen floor from looking like a bomb went off on it... you mom's know what I'm talking about.

I made a very yummy coffee drink this afternoon. I'm down to one Tazo Awake teabag and don't want to be completely out, so for my afternoon jolt, I blended together some cold strong morning coffee, a few ice cubes, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Well it was just yum. And I made bread today and used leftover oatmeal from this morning. It turned out really nice and soft. But don't think I'm some foodie elitist. D. didn't come home for tonight's meal and so we partook of hotdogs (horrors!), beans out of a can (which gave T. great delight in the result of eating beans), hash browns out of a bag (Rayna's all-time favorite), pickles, and sliced apple. Urp!

But I wore off some of the damage by playing T. a game of soccer until he complained I was changing the rules (I was beating!), and then we jumped on the trampoline for a bit.

Trevor's Dr. visit today was A-1. He's 60% for height and 75% for weight. Sounds like a baby visit, eh? I can't believe the weight thing though as you can see each of his ribs nearly. Dr. D. said that he's very muscular. Of course!

I ordered my annual pair of fleece slippers from LL Bean today. In a bright blue for something different! I hate cold feet. I'm still snickering over Anita's camelhair-filled comforter. Whoooeee that sounds like a real nose-itcher ot me.

Back to food. Do any of you mom's have any great after-school snack ideas? The kids all walk in the door just ravishing hungry. They eat lunch very early and by 3:30 act like they'll keel over without any nourishment immediately. I've run out of ideas.

Tomorrow painter lady comes to give a bid and color ideas. I'm excited to see it all done.

So a full weekend ahead of us which is just like I like it!

6 comments:

  1. After school snacks at our house...
    homemade bread & jam
    yogurt
    string cheese
    homemade fruit smoothies
    popcorn
    left-overs
    homemade canned fruit
    grapes/apples/bananas
    I'm not much for dessert type things at this house, but occasionally will make cookies or cinnamon rolls & then they eat them of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After school snacks here...and yes my two girls act like they haven't eaten all day!!!

    cheese stick/whole grain crackers
    whole crackers/peanut butter w/apple slices
    popcorn
    homemade cookies
    carrot sticks and dip
    homemade granola bars
    fruit w/cheese or crackers

    Don't know, I'm working at this for this school year...yesterday I made peanut butter celery logs with goldfish "swimming" on top...didn't go over too great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you check out kraftfoods.com, they have a kid section that sometimes offers fun and healthy after school snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey- you're just jealous of my naturally curly [camel] hair! ha! It sounded really weird to me, too, at first- you should hear it in Russian! But- it's really warm; so far no sneezing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tortilla chips with pork n beans and ketchup on top... :) You can tell I don't have kids coming home after school anymore, huh?! That ought to please T. with the pork n beans from a can. Thought I'd throw in my favorite for something different! BTW Thanks for the waffle recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom? Tortilla chips with pork and beans and ketchup on top? You've been living with Dad too long. After school snacks was my favorite part of the day, but I can't really remember what Mom had waiting (I know it wasn't tortilla chips with pork and beans and ketchup on top!). Rice Krispie bars sounds like a good one to me.

    ReplyDelete