Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I got bombed!

Hi from your ol' pal Lisi. You know the biggest guy that lives here? Well he told me he'd take me for a late walk tonight. Boys oh boys I was pretty happy about that. The big lady that yells at me but loves me anyway was gone a lot today and I'm full of pent up energy. So off we went for him to exercise and me to sniff the countryside. We got just a bit away from home on the path when I saw something dart across the path. It looked like a black and white kitty (you knew we dogs see in black and white, not color didn't you?) But then the big guy started running. And he yelled 'FRONT' at a really weird time. Well I went up to say a quick hi to kitty before I went back to the big guy and PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU! That kitty wasn't a kitty. It was a skunk! And it had the awful audacity to, are you ready for this? Spray me! A beautiful show dog! A golden retriever with golden locks. That now smell like skunk. Quite honestly, it really isn't bothering me at all. But you should see the big guy. He looks really troubled. I keep trying to get close to him to bring him comfort, but he keeps walking away with a really pained look on his face. Maybe I should try harder and get closer still. The lady that yells at me but loves me anyway came outside and really was thinking it all was very funny. She said something about soaps and baths and stuff but I hope she's too tired to tackle me and my stinky fur tonight. Whooooeeee! Living in the country is all it's cracked up to be!

5 comments:

  1. oh my... I can see it all. I'll bet 'pained look' is only the beginning. Somebody else just blogged this and their vet actually had a shampoo that helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Poor Lisi, I mean Duane! ☺ I'm guessing she had to sleep in the garage last night. Your dog has quite the adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there were a LOT of dead ones on the road yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey..did you try tomato juice and does it really work as they claim it does if you did?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomato juice is only a myth. It does not work. My 'paste' certainly did. She just has a musky-skunky odor between the eyes now. So hooray for google searches to remove skunk off dogs!

    ReplyDelete