Thursday, September 18, 2008

EEEEK!

A mouse. A teeny weeny one in the garage walking slowly. He looked sick. I yell for Lisi to go 'get em!'. She does and bites the mouse. It squeaks and dies. Then Lisi lies down next to it and keeps looking at me like she did something terribly bad. Now I have to put it on a shovel and wing it into the vacant lot next door, but Lisi keeps looking at it like it is her friend. Could I mention again how she's not the brightest of the litter?

And me! I used to pick up mice by the tail when I was a kid. Never bothered me. Not at all. I even loved watching our cat Misty eat mice from head to tail. I have a fond memory when my Anderson Grandparents were there and telling my dear Grandma to come out watch Misty eat the mouse. She'd start with the head (and the pertinence therof) and end with the tail sticking out like a toothpick. I thought it was neat. My poor Grandma looked ill and I just delighted in seeing her look pale watching the mouse being devoured. Kinda disrespectful, no? But I loved her to the core and she knew it. And now, they make me queasy. Mice. Ick. Where's the chair and the broom???

Still posting as of Thursday,9/18 at 2:18!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Lisi. You think she's not the brightest? I think she's just a city dog. Mouse? What's that!??! Becky thought she wasn't afraid of mice either till a mouse ran up her pants when we were shelling corn. he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm having the same Blogger issue, only mine is stuck on 9/18/2008 at 6:34 p.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to change the date/time on a post manually, you can edit the post after you've posted it and change the date and time. I'm no help on why it's stuck at a certain time though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were kids the old house we lived in had mice. We used to lay in bed & watch them play on our floor/dresser. Now I can't stand the sight of them, dead or alive. Gross. Don't think I want to watch one get ate either!!

    ReplyDelete