Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Chairman speaks


And he doesn't like it. No, not one little bit. At first he was being polite. Then he said 'you know, I don't like it. Really. It is just awful. I feel like shutting the door. I don't think I can get used to it.' Then he calls poor painter lady and explains how it was all his fault. You see we had picked out a green tone for the walls. Then D. was inspired seeing a blue on the walls of our niece and he liked how that came off. So we looked over a bunch of samples and came up with 'Honest Blue'. Sounds neat and very... honest! No lies could be told in the bedroom right? I'm digressing. So after telling Yvonne how great of a job she did and how very much he likes how the kids' rooms came off he says, 'I don't like our bedroom. And it isn't your fault.' She was polite and listened to his concerns and said she could be over with the paint strips again and go back to start again.

So! Some day this will all be very funny. But tonight it is... kinda funny. Stressful. Silly. And mind numbing.

And you know, the blue tone looks like a baby boy's room. All that is missing is a sailboat and a soft puppy.

Any thoughts?

I'll post a picture. But the room is a mess. You see there is a story on the bed. When we moved two months ago, the movers set up the bed but the center support post thingy wasn't supporting like it should. Unbeknownst to us, Duane sits down at the end of the bed to talk a couple nights ago and CRASH/THUMP, the bed collapses in a heap on the end as the wood shattered. So! Now we are living like we did in college days. Until I can get to the hardware store to get another slat made to support us heavyweights!

And I promise, I won't ever post four times in one day again for a very, very long time.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I missed a lot by just tuning in at this hour.

    Maybe Duane should sleep in the room for a couple of days. Just a thought. But maybe with paint you know right away. I don't know. Everything is white here and when I suggest painting I always get shot down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what the problem is-the blue looks nice & calm, soft & relaxing. Appears to coordinate very well with the bedding. ☺ Well sometimes you just have an idea of what you wanted it to be & it's not so I can understand that. (It does look similar to Brett's room's color!) True though,that it's all new & may appeal differently tomorrow. So what's the plan? A new shade of blue or all neutral? Good for you for trying color, that's all I've got to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't like the blue either. it doesn't go with the carpet..that might be the issue. and..you expect us to believe he was just sitting on the bed. talking. actually our bed busted just because Teagan was jumping on it the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the color not being what you like... personally, I kind of like it. We have a sage green color in our bedroom and really like it. Looks like it would match with your bedding and your carpet color. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathies with the chairman!!

    I feel his pain as I have slept in a purple bedroom as long as we have lived in our own house, both of them!! But I figure most of the time my eyes are closed so I can't see the color.

    The worst is the Sarah tells everybody I picked the color, conveniantly leaving out the fact that I was given an option between 3 shades of purple!!!

    ReplyDelete