Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trick or Treating 2008

* A little different in the new neighborhood. Bigger lots and so it takes longer to get a real stash. The three managed quite well nonetheless.

* Parents are driving their progeny in wagons on the back of their riding lawnmower. But I did see one drinking and driving. Yikes! He wasn't going over 5 mph. So that's in his favor.

* About 50% say 'thank you'. The others are prompted by parents. And some bigger ones simply give a 'duh' look.

* Cutest costume hands down was a 2 1/2 year old pink flamingo with webbed black feet. I think it helped that the little girl was just gorgeous too.

* Chocolate is appealing to the older ones. Twix seems to be the winner. The younger ones like garbage candy... and Ike and Mike's are (were) real popular They're gone now.

* All the kids look nearly frozen. About 50 degrees with a very stiff west wind.

* At our house we had two witches and one hunter (gun included). I have pictures, but the computer with my camera's software has no working monitor. So you'll have to wait (and quite frankly I might forget by the time I figure out what to do with my camera thing). The girls have black faces and T. is camouflaged.

* The carved pumpkins turned out nice, but again no pictures. T. picked out a skull and crossbones. Rayna wanted a happy face. And Mira has a haunted house

* I have a pumpkin pie in the oven. Dinner rolls and two loaves of bread done. But no supper! I think it'll be burgers.... since I'm so easily distracted tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Am I remembering right that, in Wisconsin, the kids trick or treat on the weekend before Halloween, during the day? Seems weird that it's already over for you guys! Holidays have taken on a whole new meaning since having children, and you have to admit, Halloween is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, when I first saw your post, I did a double take! I wondered if I'd lost a week or something :*P
    Supper always seems lost in the shuffle when there's trick-or-treating going on. This year we're having a party, so we'll have food :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's up with that? why don't they do it on the correct day? i don't remember that being that way when we were in WI..maybe that's why we didn't get any trick-or-treaters on the 31st!! oh boy! are we ever out of the loop most of the time!

    ReplyDelete