Friday, October 31, 2008

Freaky Friday!

* Going trick or treating tonight at the old neighborhood. Trevor told me he only got 50 pc. of candy/junk last Sat. and at the old subdivision he would get nearly 300 (think close-together-houses) so he can make more stops
* I'm not dressing up. I'm a strange enough character on a normal day
* We have a special weekend planned starting tomorrow!
* A library book is missing! This isn't as serious as the move when we had other stuff missing. This is just one little book. R. tells me it was deposited in the slot yseterday. 'A Little Calf'. Sounds innocent enough. But now library people (and let me tell you, they take missing books very seriously) are looking as I type.
* I'm getting laser treatment on some various spots on my face. And wowser it hurt today! The lady asked what my facial regime was each morning. Um... whatever soap is on the ledge. Don't you use any facial lotion or sunscreen? Um... no. Maybe I rub some hand lotion on my face if I get too much for my hands. Horror. Shock. Disbelief. Sorry... I'm kinda an au naturale kind of person that is impatient with fussing.
* The kids have been at Gpa and Gma D's for 24 hours. We had a lovely long walk yesterday afternoon, then a fancy-schmancy dinner out (thankfully we had a gift certificate for a portion of it), and a quiet evening after. The silence is... nice and deafening. I'll be no good with an empty nest. I know it already.
* Better redeem the time. Happy Halloween! And Happy Birthday to Anita B. and Andrea J! Both are presents just by being who they are.

7 comments:

  1. Remind me to tell you the funny story about my sister and the skin care treatment plan doctor's appointment. It will make sense when I tell you. It's too long for here.

    Is your special plans taking you out of the Milwaukee area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that empty nesting bit is for the birds! K is talking about staying home and taking classes close by so she can keep farming and raising holsteins! Yipee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no empty nest here, just isn't going to happen!! By the time #12 is out of school, someone is going to have to take care of me. #5 is still living at home, and he's 24, so I just don't see it ever happening. Nope! Is it any wonder I have to visit other blogs all the time to have some adult conversation?!!
    DO enjoy your quiet :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! Andrea and I were born the same year, too- didja know that? twins seperated at birth... well actually, there's a 3rd one- we're triplets...but the 3rd is Korean; I've always had a hard time figuring that one out...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow... hope you enjoyed your time alone. No costume? I've got a few I could send you if you are inclined to join the fun next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (was going to add)

    but the results are so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like dressing up so never do. It's bad enough to come up with a costume for the cutie. We also just discovered a CD & a library book that are now about 2 months overdue. I ought to own them by now...I don't do much for facial routine either but do use a mositurizer with SPF. I'm kinda too lazy to spend much time with it all! I'm started my next round of laser & it really smarts!!

    ReplyDelete