Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday malaise

A 3rd cabinet guy came to look at the island and back entry. They all have different ideas and looks. This guy looked like he just got back from pheasant hunting. Right down to the fleece and plaid jacket and unshaven face. But he's pretty good according to the builder types around here.

And the electrician is here getting the fan wired on the girls' solatube thingy. He's hooking it up so when the shower light goes on, there goes the fan too! Somehow I think the kids won't turn on the fan separately. So this should alleviate that problem.

I just cleaned bathrooms. The rest of the house is next. The bathrooms in this house hide dirt better than the old place. But again, the hardwood floors do not hide dirt. Not a hair or crumb. No siree. So the vacuum comes out time and time again. It doesn't help with Lisi having partial kitchen privileges. Even with vigilant brushing, errant hair falls.

Back to Halloween. Yes, we had early trick or treating. The kids got stashes off course. But I have a grumble. Some people think it is better somehow to give the kids junky stuff instead of candy. I'm not sure the thinking on it... it doesn't cause cavities. It is fun that lasts longer? I dunno. But the straws with a skeleton attached, pencils (actually not that bad of an idea), plastic spiders, teeth, whistles (terrible idea) really seem like nothing more than something to contribute to too large of landfills. Bring on the candy. And a toothbrush!

Office furniture comes tomorrow! You should envision our 'office' now. A teeny-weeny table that holds a desktop and a laptop. A printer/fax on the floor. Three boxes on the floor. School supplies on the floor. Folding meeting chairs in the corner. It needs organization. Now. Yuck.

Tomorrow the chimney sweep person comes. I doubt he'll show up with a top hat and cane. Why did they do that anyway?

It is cold. Windy. Raw, fall weather. Today is what I think of when I think of fall. Depressing. Dreary. And for some odd reason, about the time we got married (Nov. 5th). I need to walk and then I won't feel so cooped up. I might fly the coop.

Speaking of which, Sarah's will be less populated. I think some birdbrains are heading to market again. Lucky for us, we'll be grazing on chicken some more. Yum.

Our new grand-nephew-puppy came to visit yesterday with his people parents. He was so desperately cute and sweet. Nice. Well-behaved. And scared silly over Lisi who was acting like a teenage girl without control of her extremities. Mavrick is just sweet and he was nearly mauled by Mira. She was completely in love. Just like I used to be (still am actually).

My folks were here too! They travel let me tell you. They've been on three ventures since we saw them a month ago. No grass growing under their feet I tell ya.

I better keep cleaning... no 'tings' yet though...

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed keeping up w/ your daily posts.

    Almost all is of interest. We're doing ok over this way. Hello to your children from me. Also, Paul and Betty. I'll get an email off to them sometime.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We better let you know we are looking at this too and also enjoy other's comments. We enjoyed our day yesterday, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the house is coming together. It takes a while to "move-in" doesn't it? What in the world are "tings"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. all those chimney sweeps and light tube (or whatever they call themselves) installation people are just glad you've got this stuff going on that needs their help... what with the economy like it is...

    :)

    ReplyDelete